“Trip this gem from the sea”

Trident Galley & Raw Bar
Ranked #28 of 76 Restaurants in Hingham
Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

Great food. Like some others the chowder is good but it's the dinner size that has me coming back. The clam chowder uses potatoes and onions with several fried clams on top. A grilled toast was needed for the rich chowder. It a meal and helps me leave room for the peach cobbler. Yum yum.

Reviewed 14 July 2017

If you're a $1 oyster lover like we are, Trident is worth checking out.

Two of us ordered drinks, 24 oysters, and several small plates at the bar. We visited in the summer, which you'd think is peak seafood restaurant season, but Trident seems to still be working out the kinks. First, it was so uncomfortably hot in there! The bartender explained that the kitchen was in a location whereby the heat gets into the dining room. So it's a design flaw? Then kick up the AC! It was so hot that the ice on the oyster platter only lasted a few minutes, then our oysters were swimming in water, and the water got into the cocktail sauce. It was a real mess. Not pleasant.

Also, the small plates were just OK. One dish in particular was the shishito peppers. I mean, it should be grilled peppers, a little oil, tossed in salt. Somehow they were tasteless. Go to Toro or an actual tapas place for your small plates. And maybe just check out Trident for the $1 oysters -- if you can eat quickly, before your ice melts!

Reviewed 31 May 2017

My wife and I stopped in for a quick mid week lunch and had a great meal. We have eaten at Galley in Scituate (same owners) many times and wanted to give Trident a shot. We were seated immediately and informed the server that my wife was currently dining gluten free. We had the chowder which was great and, amazingly, gluten free and the meat & cheese board (without the bread). We also enjoyed some delicious ciders and a
1/2 dozen oysters, We would absolutely eat here again.

1  Thank Humarock_Seth
Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

We were looking for a bite to eat before the movies. Some of the other choices in the area were predictable. So very pleased that we tried this new restaurant. Clam chowder was so good that we both have been think we need to go back. We has the Tuna sashimi and a lobster slider. The food was authentic, flavorful and didn't break the bank. The best is to visit on a rainy day so you have the restaurant to yourself. We really thought if the food can stay with this quality, they can make it. We can only hope.

Reviewed 3 April 2017 via mobile

Well, I find the cuisine in Massachusetts pretty boring. I also find that most restaurants serve the same food (loaded with the addition of unnecessary/unpleasant ingredients). In the place I live, i stumbled into Trident Galley, a small restaurant that replaces one whose food was really unedible. The place is very pretty and comfortable, the food is nice. And here's the news: finally a few dishes you don't find everywhere else. My wife and I liked it. We'll definitely go back. Just two observations: a- some of the plates should probably be served in largest dishes; b- the Italian on the menu needs to be correct (e.g., it is soppressata, not soopresatta; capocollo, not capicola; prosciutto, not proscuitto...). Other than that, a pleasant discovery.