All reviews hot tub room was clean off the highway would stay again the breakfast area bagels continental breakfast one night stay nice stay cvs boston
Reviewed 10 August 2018

hotel has lot of repair issues, however most of the staff is very nice, some never seem to be totally accommodating to requests.The location is perfect, with a market and restaurants and CVS near by.It seems that it is hit or miss as far as the room. Our last stay was so much better.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Manager22031, Director of Sales at Best Western Merrimack Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Hello Carol,
I am very sorry you did not enjoy this last stay. Please note that we do have a renovation coming soon and it will address the room issues you were having. We hope you are able to give us another chance to make your stay exceptional!

Reviewed 7 August 2018

Very nice hotel and very easy to get to. Rooms are nice and beds are very comfortable. Small breakfast, but good. The hot tub is very-very hot, to hot to enjoy. Pool is nice temperature. A lot of restaurants and shops in the area.

Stayed: August 2018
Manager22031, Director of Sales at Best Western Merrimack Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Thank you for spending your vacation weekend with us. We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay and we made you feel comfortable. Thank you for the note about the hot tub, we will double check. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

I recently stayed 3 nights at this hotel as part of a business trip. My boss arranged for the room through his Air Miles program. Having stayed in literally more than a thousand rooms in my 30+ year business career this place would rank on the lower end of average. The place does look dated that is true, it seems they have made some attempts to modernize but done on the cheap. The bathroom counter seems to be a faux marble top but really is just wood, and when wood gets wet it expands, as seen in another review's pictures. That part did not bother me as much as the towels, each day the cleaning staff would remove more and more towels. I started with 2 bath towels, 2 hand towels and 2 face clothes and when I left I only had 1 face cloth and 2 bath towels. That I can say, I have never experienced in any other hotel. The breakfast was typical of many others with egg and meat selection choices, varying from day to day. Vegans may be challenged to get enough to eat though. The bed was comfortable enough and the internet worked well. Upon checkout the front desk staff tried to charge me again for the room that was already paid for through Air Miles, I showed the certificated and then after they made a few calls I was able to leave, not the smoothest checkout. I may not recommend this hotel, unless price was the only concern.

Room Tip: The back building has new rooms, but just barely.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Manager22031, Director of Sales at Best Western Merrimack Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Good morning,
I am very sorry that we only rated average on your standards. We realize we have an older building and we try very hard to provide exceptional cleanliness and service every day. We do have a full renovation coming up that will address the dated look. I hope you are able to give us another chance in the future and greatly appreciate your feedback. I will make sure to share with the staff and fix where we can.
Thanks again!

Reviewed 23 July 2018

Traveling with a group otherwise would not have stayed much past check in. Rooms had stale odor, pillows were awful, housekeeping did not provide enough towels, wallpaper was very old and peeling off the walls, common areas very dirty. Overall feel of the hotel was dirty and discomforting.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Manager22031, Director of Sales at Best Western Merrimack Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Hello,
I am very sorry that your were not satisfied with our hotel. Please accept my apologies. We do have a renovation coming soon that will address the feel of the hotel to a modern feel. I hope that you are able to give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

The pictures posted look nice. The ratings look good. Upon arrival the front of the building looks really nice and the lobby looks nice. Reception is nice. Check in goes smoothly. She nicely tells us she’s putting us in one the really nice rooms in the back building which has been renovated and is a lot nicer than the building the reception is in. Just drive around to the back parking lot for the back building and enter door D.
We drive around, like lambs to the slaughter. We find a dark parking lot by a movie theatre and a dank dark building with no windows. There’s an empty whiskey bottle in the parking space next to our car. We think there’s been some kind of mistake. My husband goes to investigate. I worry about his safety and mine. He comes back says he found door D. I go with him and we encounter a man in his undershirt smoking near door D. We open door D to find a hallway that is filthy. At one end around a corner it sounds like a party is going on. Thankfully our room is in the other direction. The elevator is as filthy as the hallway. Our room is of course not much better. I have posted pictures!
I called them to complain and they asked if I wanted to leave. It’s going on 10PM. I want to sleep.
Then we discover the toilet won’t flush and is threatening to over flow. I call the front desk and they say they’ll send up a plunger. 20 minutes later a person arrives with a dirty plunger in a dirty bucket. She says “here’s the plunger you requested”. She sits it down in the hallway and walks off!
This place looks like a detention center from inside and the outside but I think a detention center is cleaner and has more windows and a safer parking lot!
If they say just drive around to the back, either leave or ask for a room in the front building.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Manager22031, Director of Sales at Best Western Merrimack Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Please accept our apologies for not meeting your expectations for your stay. We greatly apologize and hope that you will give us another chance to make your next stay better. We have a renovation starting soon that will address the building concerns, but in the mean time we will take an extra look at the hallways and outside. Thank you for sharing your toughts about your stay and we hope to see you again.