“Thursday Dinner”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

Very good all around experience. Service, food and price were all good. We had Cod, mellazan, meatball, cappuccino. Sangria was disappointing with frozen fruit. Great bread. Fantastic entrees. Bring some home.

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Outstanding food and service dilyana was the server she was out standing very knowledgeable, great atmosphere can't wait to return

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Two couples headed here for dinner tonight on the recommendation of family. Excellent choice. Starting with drinks, we moved on to a bruschetta off the specials list. Great choice, with cheese, caramelized onions, tomatoes and lobster on a thick slice of bread. Two of us followed up with the swordfish special, another with a scallop special, and I had the veal scallopini rosa. All were on par with any dishes we've had in New York or Boston. We couldn't have been more satisfied. No room for dessert. The wine list is quite good with varied choices of many Italian wine varieties. We all enjoyed a nice, moderately priced bottle of Montepulciano. While our friends are heading off the Cape in a couple days, we'll be here for a while and plan to return before heading home.

Date of visit: August 2018
roosterrob, General Manager at Buca's Tuscan Roadhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

So happy you enjoyed. Thank you and enjoy the rest of your vacation.

Reviewed 26 August 2018

My husband and I recently made our second visit to Buca's while on a quick getaway to Cape Cod. Once inside (yes, the parking lot is a bit dicey!), the restaurant and service are intimate and welcoming. It clear this is a popular spot in the area as the phone was ringing off the hook while we were there with people trying to get in, so plan ahead to ensure you get to enjoy this spot. Once seated, the dinner did not disappoint. My husband and I started with an arugula salad that was complemented with pancetta, pistachios and goat cheese - excellent. Then onto the main course... My husband had the veal parm with the tomahawk chop - so well prepared, not overly sauced and completely delicious. I had a scallop special that came with some lovely polenta raviolis that were light, fresh and yummy. To accompany, my husband tried the "pour of the day" thanks to the Coravin system - a really special Canard cab franc that made us search the internet to see where we could buy a bottle for home, and I enjoy a lovely glass of their red sangria.

All in all, we will definitely ensure we have reservations again as - in the midst of Cape Cod restaurants that can be quite good, but many feel the same - this one stands out!

Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

We had heard about Buca from friends and were looking forward to dinner. I ordered pasta with broccoli rabe and sausage. The pasta was overcooked, the broccoli rabe was mostly fibrous stalks and overwhelmed the dish so you had to search underneath it to find the the pasta. There was also no flavor - I couldn’t find a hint of white wine or garlic and strings of cheese were cold and just plopped on top. My husband’s Bolognese was bland and pretty much tasteless. The crust on the bread was so hard you could have cracked a tooth on it. On top of this, the meal was overpriced. One appetizer split between us, two pasta dishes and 2 glasses of house wine cost over $100 without tip. Overall, very disappointing.