“Best lobster roll”

Outer Bar and Grill
Ranked #16 of 74 Restaurants in Harwich
Cuisines: American
Description: The smell of salt air mingles with the aromas of casual summertime cuisine at the Cape's finest destination for informal dining and socializing. Relax and enjoy the sun, surf and scenic vistas from our inviting open-air dining room and seaside deck. Chef James Hackney's innovative menu offers mouth-watering choices for every taste, from crab cakes remoulade and char grilled Angus burgers to grilled pizzas and Panini.
Reviewed 9 August 2016

The lobster roll is expensive ($35), but it has a TON of lobster and is absolutely worth it. Great atmosphere with beautiful views. Good drinks.

JosetteWillis, Manager at Outer Bar and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2016

Dear Elizabeth G;

Thank you for your review. So glad you indulged in the lobster roll, it is certainly a guest favorite! We appreciate you sharing your experience on TripAdvisor and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2016

Food was delicious. Kids menu had lots of variety. Wished drinks for kids was included ($6.50 for an apple juice). Wait staff very friendly and accommodating.

Dear kimmyvw374;

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Outer Bar and Grill on TripAdvisor. I am pleased that the staff provided you with such outstanding service, and that restaurant offered you plenty of suitable menu selections. I have shared your feedback with the team, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 25 July 2016

Great food, drinks and an amazing view- the pool area below is gorgeous- the water view is amazing. Just a great place for lunch, dinner or drinks!!!

JosetteWillis, Manager at Outer Bar and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2016

Dear Mitchells122412;

Thank you for your review of the Outer Bar and Grill. It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience and the restaurant’s beautiful setting. We appreciate you taking a moment to comment on TripAdvisor, and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 29 June 2016

Two friends and I had lunch here on a gorgeous June day. We were seated at the first row of tables overlooking the water and the pool area.

Service was excellent. At that time, the staff still appeared to be in training before the summer rush.

The menu is varied and has some interesting twists on "standard fare". A friend and I had the scallop roll which was delicious. Another friend had the fish and chips. We were all very satisfied in our meal.

I ordered the blueberry lemonade (alcoholic) as my beverage. Unfortunately, this was not the light drink that I expected. I asked for ice a few times to water it down, but ultimately left most of it. The waitress who took the drink order appeared to be in training. The waitress who served it seemed more experienced. When she served it, she told me that it was going to be "pretty strong". I wish the other waitress had told me as I would not have ordered it. I'm sure it was a great drink for the right person. I just wasn't that person.

If you're in the area and want a delicious lunch in a wonderful setting, I highly recommend the Outer Bar and Grill.

JosetteWillis, Manager at Outer Bar and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2016

Dear Jordianne,

Thank you for taking a moment to comment on your recent experience at the Outer Bar and Grill. We are so pleased to hear that you had such a wonderful meal, and that you were able to enjoy the beautiful views that Pleasant Bay has to offer. Please accept our sincere apologies regarding the inconsistencies with your drink service, I have share your feedback with our restaurant manager. Thank you again for your visit and recommendation, and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 14 June 2016

Wequasset Resort is set in stunning surroundings and the deck of their Outer Bar and Grill overlooks Pleasant Bay, which looked awesome in today's wall to wall sunshine. It is a big Resort with beautifully manicured and colourful gardens. We decided to lunch if we could get a table. As non-residents you are only allowed to eat on the upper deck, the outside tables on the lower pool deck are reserved for residents. On arrival we were greeted warmly by the front of house team. We had not booked but were told we could have a table in about 20 minutes. Service was attentive, friendly and helpful answering a number of questions we had about menu items. My marinated shrimp starter and cheeseburger were tasty and the burger was medium-rare as ordered, but only the rosemary and thyme fries were memorable. My wife had a tasty but uninspired curried chicken salad. In fairness we hardly noticed our food given the view and the rivetting conversations at our adjacent tables. The bill, which included an 18% tip, was $130. Poor value for the food but worth it for the gorgeous view.

JosetteWillis, Manager at Outer Bar and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2016

Dear Eric Surrey_UK;

Thank you for submitting a review. We are delighted that you enjoyed the Outer Bar and Grill’s breathtaking views and the resort’s beautiful gardens. It is always a pleasure to receive feedback regarding our team, and I am glad to hear that they provided you with such attentive service.

It is certainly disappointing to hear that the food did fully not meet your expectations. I will share your comments with the culinary team, as it only assists us in improving the guest experience.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at 508-430-3024 if there is any additional feedback that you would like to share. We appreciate you taking a moment to share your thoughts on TripAdvisor and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.