All reviews outer bar mini bar cape cod atlantic restaurant fire pit pool area tennis courts water view pirate ship lobster roll beautiful property overlooking the bay four seasons children's center new england off season sliders
Reviewed 28 April 2012

This lovely Inn on Cape Cod, Mass. has the most comfortable beds I've ever experienced in a hotel.

Room Tip: Water view is best, but all rooms are very nice.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank M O D
Reviewed 10 April 2012

The grounds are beautiful and well kept, as are the rooms and lobby. The location is excellent--basically midway between the lower and upper Cape, and very near Chatham. I wish it was warmer as I would have greatly enjoyed the beautiful pool and ocean. And the fire pit and pool bar is perfect for a night cap with friends. While the beds were extremely comfortable, the pillows were small and very soft, which proved very uncomfortable for my neck. The only other negative was the plumbing, which was noisy. On the whole, I would definitely return.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank terryfl
Reviewed 27 March 2012

The staff is very helpful and accommodating. It is right on the water and has amazing views. The food is perfection. Can't say enough about it, worth every penny!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 February 2012

Luxurious, great views, fine food, secluded from the hustle and bustle. Get an ocean view if you can.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank EagleEyeBoston
Reviewed 31 January 2012

I stayed here in October for four days with my family and I was astounded to see that some people had rated this hotel as 'terrible'. My family arrived here after a long drive from Manhattan (classic Brits abroad, we listened to the travel agent who told us it was a mere two and a half to three hours. Nearly six hours after we left Manhattan, we arrived at the Wequassett just a little drained and irritable... thought i should warn NOT to make the same journey if you have been as poorly advised as us!). Our first pleasant surprise was the size and cleanliness of the pleasantly furnished rooms, pretty from the outside as well. We were helped by a lovely member of staff whom like the other staff was nothing but helpful and kind to us.
The location is stunning and the facilities and grounds are very impressive. I am aware that we were fortunate to be staying there off-season in late October - it was extremely quiet and so the staff were extremely attentive, even providing us with a free taxi service to the local restaurants in the hotel vehicle which was a brilliant service. The only downfall I would point out of this hotel is the restaurant - whilst it is nice enough, we thought the Atlantic 28 restaurant was a little fussy for what we were looking for and we much preferred to enjoy the slightly more basic restaurants of the local town of Chatham.
I would like to emphasise the helpfulness of the staff - we have never been made to feel so welcome in any hotel. They were attentive, sweet and even left us a card and a gift when it came time to leave, which was a lovely gesture. There is genuinely nothing I can find to fault about this hotel. Perhaps the experience would be impaired in the busy summer months when the staff are manically busy, but I struggle to believe that it would be anything less than very good.
The hotel is expensive, but worth every penny. Cape Cod is a magical place and the holiday was made even more special by this incredible hotel. Truly outstanding.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family