“Good Food, Service is Lacking”

Barrington Brewery & Restaurant
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Pub, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Since 1995 the Barrington Brewery has been serving our own Barn Brewed Beer and food made from scratch. We were the first brewery on the east coast to install a solar panel system that supplies solar-heated hot water for brewing and restaurant use.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We always enjoy the food at Barrington Brewery & Restaurant; however, recently the service was not so good. Our server never returned once our food was delivered to our table, even to see if my burger was cooked correctly or if we needed more water. The woman who seated us cleared our table and asked how everything was. She then said, "You shouldn't eat meat. It's not good for you." Boy is she BAD for business! She then continued to tell us that we should be eating plant based products, and asked, "Would you like dessert?" My reply was, "Sweets are not good for you either."

Date of visit: November 2018
ChelseaH1374, General Manager at Barrington Brewery & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Cac1234---Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience at our brewery. I would like to get to the bottom of what was said to you. Could you email me directly? chelsea@barringtonbrewery.net

We hope you'll give us another chance to extend our hospitality in the future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

this place was really hyped up by people in the area, but it was not our favorite place. nothing bad, might have been over anxious. we didn't care for the cheese soup as it was touted as a house favorite, sort of blah with a little after taste. our meals were fine, but i have had better,,,,i had ribs and didn't like the preparation and sauce. nice portions ....we were full but desserts looked great....service was good.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 26 October 2018 via mobile

On one of our last nights in the Berkshires we decided to attend a movie. We stopped at this restaurant because it was rated well. It deserved its rating. They had a nice selection their own beers as well as ‘outsiders’ beers. They don’t start serving dinner before 5:00pm so we selected from the lunch menu. There is a significant difference. If you was prime roast or steak go after 5. The lunch menu had a wide variety of wraps sandwiches, burgers and salads. There were also good coffee and locally made deserts. It was a comfortable environment to sit in and enjoy the drink and food.

Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

Early dinner with wife Deb here was a pleasant experience. My scallop dinner commenced with beer/cheese soup which needed some seasoning was tasty but was missing a lttle zip. A small salad with onions was presented nicely. The scallops served with a mixed vegetable of,cauliflower, carrots, and beans, served in a buttery goodness had me moaning with pleasure. On sampling Debs delicious baked haddock, I it delicious, but her beer fries were to Die For! Ymmmm. Started with a 20oz cask brew, which I savored before and during the meal, was very good, and for dessert
I opted for their Raspberry Ale. Great Beer pub atmosphere, attentive waitresses,good prices,and a great beer and wine selection would make this a place I would return to when in the Great Barrington area. Did I tell you how good the fries were?

Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

As ever in American restaurants the portions are generous and this was no different other than this was good, fresh food well cooked - and washed down with delicious real ale. The menu is varied and it was difficult to make a choice. I couldn’t manage dessert but I did help my husband with his blueberry pie which was mouthwateringly good!