“Good Mexican-nice addition”

Donaji Mexican Restaurant
Price range: US$3 - US$25
Description: Traditional flavors from Mexico in Great Barrington, Massachusetts. Offering delicious family recipes in a casual atmosphere.
Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

I couldn’t give this 5 stars because my husband said his dish was good but not excellent.

The chips are delicious as well as the salsa. It has a nice smoky flavor. They bring them to you at the beginning of the meal without asking but they do charge $5 for a refill which is a little disappointing.

The service was excellent and every server had a big smile and seemed like they really cared. The easy going relaxed atmosphere was nice and the tables are far apart so it never feels crowded. There is also an area outside to sit.

I had the fajitas. The flavor was delicious. It was slightly oily at the bottom of the pan and the tortillas were too small for me to make a roll but I still enjoyed it and would look forward to going back in the future.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 31 August 2018

I've been wanting to try this place but Hubs doesn't go in big for Mexican food as I do. I happened to be driving by (about 1:15 p.m.). Since I was alone, I simply couldn't resist the temptation.

Before I knew it, I ordered a burrito without meat, to go. The place smelled divine. There were diners entering, already eating, and some paying, so it seemed busy for a late Friday lunch.

I heated my burrito slightly when I arrived home about a half hour later--though it was still slightly warm. All I can say is the texture and flavor was sheer perfection. I like the crunch of the green peppers, diced very small, and the onion; the Monterey Jack cheddar and the sour cream made a thick gravy that was unexpectedly delicious and didn't overpower the other ingredients. The beans were perfect.

What more would they need to encourage a return visit?! I can't wait to try the Tostadas, and plan to sample much more.

Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

Simply wonderful. Friendly staff and owner. Just the right amount of selections, not overwhelming like most Mexican places. Fajitas were awesome. I'll be back.

Reviewed 10 August 2018

We visited Donaji Mexican Restaurant for the first time. The staff was very warm, friendly and inviting. We enjoyed listening to the authentic music. We ordered a house margarita for $8. Some of the drinks were were pretty expensive. This was a basic but good drink. We shared a special which was like a Mexican pizza. The shell or "corn crust was very different. It would have been nice if it was cut. The toppings were outstanding. We loved the shredded chicken and avocado. This was enough to share between the two of us. There were some little annoying bugs that were coming in from outside. It's probably hard to avoid in the summertime. I thought the food was much better than the Mexican restaurant on the hill. We will never go back there.

Reviewed 10 August 2018

Earlier someone posted a complaint that the mole was bland. Not mine: just the right combination of chocolate and chili to render the dish tasty and authentic--along with black beans, rice, and really hot corn tortillas. The waitress, Emilee Ann, was both attentive and personable. The restaurant's atmosphere was simple but attractive. I lived in California for about 45 years and came to appreciate Mexican food very much. I'm simply delighted to find a good mole--one of my favorite tastes--here in the Berkshires.

1  Thank RevL05