“Long wait, but the food is worth it”

Causeway Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 141 Restaurants in Gloucester
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

Nothing fancy here, just great food. It’s a small, cramped and very busy place even at 2:30 in the afternoon. It’s a move em in and move em out place, and it was our impression that most of the patrons are ‘locals’ and are used to it. We waited quite a long time to get a table but it turned out to be worth it. The stuffed baked lobster was ridiculously good (lobster stuffed with shrimp and scallops, then baked with a panko crust), and the large piece of salmon was excellent. Service was ok, as they were very busy. It’s not a fancy place, but if you want outstanding seafood and a casual joint to sit down and eat it in, this is your place. Just be prepared for a waiting line.

Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

Just had an excellent lunch there. Very busy place with a nice atmosphere.

We had the scallops which were nicely cooked and tasted very fresh.

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

Local flavor, wonderful food with very generous portions. Great menu selection with several daily specials. We stop here several times while in the area. Try the Peters Platter... enough for 3 people to share, great chowder... love the twin lobsters, prime rib, mussels and lobster pie. A must place to go if in the area. If you come after 4:30 expect to wait for seating... busy local place.

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

Wonderfully fresh seafood without the frills, I had lobster pie, my husband had the seafood fried combo and both were delicious and so very fresh

Reviewed 19 October 2017

I was already planning on heading to the Causeway Restaurant but running into locals, several people suggested it to me. For as popular as it is, it was smaller than I expected but I was able to get a spot at the counter right away. The food was awesome- please do get the seafood. I had scallops and lobster and didn't save any room for the sides. I will return when I am in the area again.