“Real good authentic Food!”

Azorean Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #8 of 148 Restaurants in Gloucester
Cuisines: Portuguese
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Authentic Mediterranean Cuisine & Casual Dining
Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

We had to make reservations because it was Mother’s Day, crowded but the staff maneuvered well and fast. My friend had the Calderada which was so good and I had the octopus made the Lisbon
Way, it was delicious. I was very pleased because it was like my mother’s cooking from the Açôres. Great portions with great prices for their fish dishes and big portions.
All their stuff is reasonable on their menus compared to Surrounding
Boston areas, the Cape or other Portuguese restaurants by the coast.

Reviewed 3 May 2018

Went for late lunch after awesome whale watching trip .Arrived at 2 pm after awesome whale watching trip .Open all afternoon ,we had the lunch menu .Started with awesome bread with an olive oil and pepper dip,split a Mediterranean salad which was fresh and good .I had a seafood casserole ,which had lovely fresh ,scallops and haddock with breadcrumbs on top.My wife had an excellent chicken and butternut squash ravioli .Service excellent ,ambience nice .A little hard to find ,used the gps to find it .

Reviewed 2 May 2018

Not sure where to start since everything we had was Wonderful. Stop by and try it you will be happy.

Reviewed 19 April 2018

We loved our dinner here. The atmosphere is relaxed (more informal than I expected), our service was friendly and excellent, and we had a great meal. The menu is extensive and very appealing - we had a hard time deciding what to choose! But since it was a Monday, their cataplanas were an unbeatable price, so we both had the Spanish paella version. No regrets! Fabulous, and enough to bring home for another generous meal. Also enjoyed a very reasonable and good Portuguese wine. We'd go back to the area just to try some other things on the menu!

Reviewed 3 April 2018

I love this place because the atmosphere is great, the service is great, and the food is great. There is a lot of good seafood to choose from. Sometimes I like their Tapas combinations, so I can get a taste of all kinds of different Portuguese specialties.