“Great adventure”

7 Seas Whale Watch
Ranked #1 of 31 Tours in Gloucester
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Trip Advisor's #1 of 26 Tours in Gloucester, 7 Seas Whale Watch has had the privilege of introducing thousands of passengers to the many species of whales and marine wildlife that inhabit the waters from Cape Ann and out to the Stellwagen Bank Marine Sanctuary. Our trips run from mid-April to mid-October and are designed to educate, inspire and provide a deeper understanding and appreciation of our fragile marine environment. We are a family business – Three generations of career captains have worked from this very dock for more than 7 decades. We have a love and respect for the marine environment and a passion for providing the best possible customer experience for you and your family. We look forward to seeing you on the water.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Baby buggy parking, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 31 October 2017

The seven seas whale watch was really a fun trip. We saw 4 whales including 3 humpback whales and one blue whale. The captain did a great job in maneuvering the some what choppy waters, but the naturalist on board Carol or "Crill" was outstanding. She was not only very pleasant but also very knowledgeable and provided a lot of information at the appropriate times. We were on the last trip of the season and was very cool!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Write a ReviewReviews (1,338)
All reviews
in 18 reviews
"mother and calf"
"clean boat"
in 13 reviews
"staff was very friendly"
"sea sickness"
in 24 reviews
"different species"
"great whale"
"snails"
"both sides"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed 30 October 2017

It was very fun and cool! Saw some whales and a whale that performed everything for us! I would love to go again!

Reviewed 30 October 2017

It's amazing. It is my first time to have such a close distance with live whale! Although it's a little pity that I only see two kinds of whales and it's so cold on the sea, but anyway, I like it.

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

Very friendly ambiance and the boat not too crowded.
Lots of explanations
And on this 10/28 we have been lucky to spot whales and they were active. I was impressed.
Full bar draft beer on board was great.

See more reviews
Reviewed 25 October 2017

My husband and I were finishing up a week long vacation in New England and, since the weather was so beautiful, we decided to go on a whale watching tour. We had a wonderful time. The crew was great and our naturalist was very informative. I loved that she could identify several of the whales that we saw and I learned how to watch for the color change to see them coming up out of the water. I would definitely recommend 7 Seas Whale Watch to anyone looking for a fun and safe experience.