“Tasty, affordable lobster roll!”
Review of Salty Frank's Dogs

Salty Frank's Dogs
Ranked #61 of 149 Restaurants in Gloucester
Reviewed 30 October 2016

After exploring Gloucester, I was in need of tasty snack and saw Salty Frank's had a $12 lobster roll. The lobster was very fresh and full of flavor! They also didn't skimp on the amount of lobster in the roll. I'm so glad I stopped here - it was better than the lobster rolls I've had in Maine! I also enjoyed chatting with the owner and getting good recommendations on things to do in the area.

Date of visit: October 2016

Reviewed 13 October 2016

The owner was very hospitable! He made us a lobster roll that was so good, our lobster craving was met and we could continue on out of town.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 21 September 2016

Wow - I was in Gloucester early - and it was honestly the only restaurant open. Beautiful town to wander around in... but finding Salty Frank's - having a lobster roll ---- that had more lobster than mayo - WOW! The real deal! This is casual... and mostly take out... to the picnic tables or walk around food - but it really is good stuff. The conversation was helpful and I left with a full belly and a smile... without blowing my budget!

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed 20 August 2016

Disappointed in this place. Lobster roll was chewy. I was expecting better because of reviews. No seating other than the picnic tables outside. The smell of fuel from nearby station was the aroma. Would not got back here.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed 8 August 2016

Don't let the name fool you this is really an ice cream place more than anything else and sign outside doesn't DOGS on it at all. The ice cream is good but I've had better.

Date of visit: August 2016