“Not-your-average Chinese Restaurant”
Review of Jasmine Garden

Jasmine Garden
Ranked #75 of 147 Restaurants in Gloucester
Reviewed 12 October 2016

So excited to have this new Chinese restaurant in town that is unlike any I have ever been served by.

THE FOOD WAS EXCELLENT! Fresh, tasty, well-prepared. The shrimp was still tender and tested super fresh - not at all the rubbery shrimp we've come to expect.

They had the best crab rangoon I have eaten - they seemed home made!

WE WILL BE BACK and OFTEN.

Reviewed 3 October 2016 via mobile

This food was amazing! Not greasy or overdone like many Chinese food place. I used to work in Boston and would get a pineapple chicken fried rice, this place has it but it's better!! They serve it in a cut pineapple and it's delicious! The crab rangoons were amazing. Try this place out! It's where the old dragon lite was and it has way better food!

Reviewed 22 September 2016 via mobile

I had such a good time the staff is amazing. Very friendly and patience. I can be a difficult patron but they were amazing and gave me want ever I wanted and was patient and kindly made me exactly what I wanted for sushi. The bartender Chirs is He is the staff the helped me figure outnwhat i wanted and helo me get it. Also because he knows i love sushi. He informed me that i was able to watch the guy make my roll that i made. I Was very happy and would come back again. I really enjoyed the staff also waitress Julianna was very nice and pleasant. She is a very hard worker I watched her do multiple thing wait tables, answer phones, take orders help out with restaurant needs. The bar is nice with a nice atmosphere. The decor is very nice I like the feel and the look of the restaurant. This new upcoming restaurant is very nice. I like the the food the sushi was so good it was fresh and tasted so good I got exactly what I wanted. I will for sure come back here. And I can't say how much I like the food. And also they have deep Fried ice cream which is my FAVORITE DESSERT. Please If your looking for new fresh food and a good time try JASMINE GARDEN NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed 7 September 2016

Despite having four Asian restaurants in Gloucester, Jasmine Garden is a welcome addition. What sets this establishment apart is the lighter hand of the chef regarding sauces. Often, too many entrees are served swimming in a heavy sauce, this is definitely not the case here. From the duck sauce and the sauce for the steamed ravioli to the sauce incorporated in the entrees, the light touch allows the fresh ingredients to be the star. Their Hot and Sour soup was very flavorful with just the right kick. The Salt and Pepper Wings were terrific. The Yuen-Yuan (sp?) was a unique beef entree and worthy of having it again. I am reluctant to order Pad Thai in not a strictly Thai restaurant, but Jasmine Garden assuaged my fear. This is a terrific Asian restaurant. Welcome to Gloucester.

Reviewed 5 September 2016

Despite having four other Asian Restaurants, this is a most welcome addition. The restaurant opened on September 1, 2016, located next to Friendly's, this location has housed an Asian Restaurant for many decades. The owners have done some remodeling that includes entering now into the restaurant instead of the bar. The chef is excellent. What sets this apart is the chef's light touch on the sauces. This is a welcome change to let the fresh ingredients be the star of the meal and not overwhelmed with sauce. We started off with an excellent hot and sour soup and a house salad with ginger dressing. For appetizers, we had steamed ravioli, BBQ ribs and Salt & Pepper Chicken Wings. The appetizers were great, but the wings were truly notable. For our entree, we had the Yuen-Yang Spciy Beef served over green beans. We also had Shrimp Pad Thai. Our meal was outstanding and we had left-overs to enjoy again. Welcome to Gloucester.