“ASK THE LOCALS, THEY'LL TELL YOU!”
Review of Blue Moon Diner

Blue Moon Diner
Ranked #8 of 46 Restaurants in Gardner
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Driving from my home in southeastern Massachusetts on a Saturday, heading for a mid-morning round of golf in Keene, NH - decided to take a scenic route through central Massachusetts and then north to Keene on secondary roads.

When I got off Route 2 and started to trek northward, it was time for breakfast - so I stopped at a local business - a super clean gas station - and asked the fellow behind the counter where the best place for breakfast was, he pointed up Main Street, and said "The Blue Moon Diner, you won't be disappointed! Best place I know of for breakfast."

He was spot on!

One the the top places I've ever had breakfast. And the decor, a restored historical treasure of the sort of 50's diner that used to populate roads around America, was clean as a whistle, bright, cheery, and the smell of bacon and toast that greeted me as I walked in was as welcoming as a neighbor waving over the backyard fence!

I ordered eggs over medium, bacon and rye toast - all accompanied by a bottomless cup of excellent coffee. And it came back so fast that I hadn't even had time to finish reading the tale of the diner's history printed on the back of the menu! The fellow was right - a tasty, nicely plated breakfast just the way it was ordered!

It's not gourmet - and it's not meant to be ... you can save that (and the high prices) for visits elsewhere. It's great, wholesome, hearty breakfast fare - served with a lot of smiles (Jackie and Sarah - and a new girl who didn't yet have her name on the back of a t-shirt - were terrific service staff) - and hats off to the cook for knowing what over medium means and delivering the goods!

So - if you're driving through Gardner, Massachusetts, not 3 minutes off Route 2, drop in at the Blue Moon Diner. Like the fellow at the gas station said, "You won't be disappointed!"

Reviewed 4 August 2017

1949, renovations were assisted by richard gutman.
Very friendly staff. the usual food. I had pancakes - a tasty stack of 3.. Coffee was good ; you will want another cup.

Reviewed 30 June 2017

The Blue Moon is a must stop diner. We used to live in Gardner. Loved to go for breakfast on Sundays. Whnever we are back in New England we make it a point to stop in at the Blue Moon for breakfast. It is like going home. Everyone is so friendly, like one big family.

Reviewed 10 May 2017

a must stop for breakfast if you are in the area. The food and service is great. You wont be disappointed in eating in this Americana joint.

Reviewed 1 February 2017

We ate breakfast here recently, we have eaten here in the past. The food was good, ample portions, and good service. Home fries were a bit under cooked, but it was late in the morning. Recommended!!!