“Great atmosphere and Emily is the Best Bartender!”
Review of Gardner Ale House

Gardner Ale House
Ranked #1 of 46 Restaurants in Gardner
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 26 October 2016

We had the delicious veggie burger with gluten free bun and the hot italian sandwich. I opted for the homemade chips and my husband had the fries. Emily was so informative and just fun to be around. We were sad when a few weeks later we could not get a seat at the bar to hang out with her again. This time I had the Salmon burger with fries and gluten free bun. Though the salmon burger was only supposed to have some breadcrumbs I felt it had alot and it wasn't what I hoped for. I would recommend the veggie burger. The nachos were good. As always the service is great. Would definetly recommend to others.

Reviewed 19 October 2016

My husband and I were traveling in the area and stopped at the Gardner Ale House for lunch. We were easily able to find parking close to the entrance on Parker Street and appreciated the eye-level sign in the door giving the hours the meters should be filled.

They offer a fairly large and varied menu. There is a sizable beer list as expected. For those who do not choose beer, like me, there are ample offerings on the wine and drink list. I was pleased to see some unique wines by the glass. We were also given a lunch specials menu, with plenty of variety for the adventurous and for those who prefer the basics.

My husband ordered a burger and I opted for a lunch special, grilled goat cheese BLT. Both came with french fries (or there was an option to upgrade). We both had the french fries and commented that we were reminded of the old style ones we enjoyed at local restaurants as children. I often take a portion of french fried home, but found my husband also packed his up. We had some as a side dish at home last night and still have some left!

I loved the goat cheese grilled BLT. They used local goat cheese as well as local bacon, and cooked the bacon to order. There was no ordinary lettuce or tomato. Instead, the sandwich contained arugula and a tomato relish. It was luscious.

The service was prompt and friendly, too. We noticed there is often entertainment and not just weekends. There is a ladies night, a blues night and an upcoming Halloween party.

Now for the negative - the Gardner Ale House is about an hour from my home, so I can't drop in as often as I would like.

Reviewed 17 October 2016

Recent visit to the Ale House on a busy Sunday was another great food evening, called ahead to see if we could get a table for 8 and hostess said she would make it happen, we arrived about 15 minutes later and after a really short wait we got seated, could not ask for better attentive staff or service on short notice, we were very pleased, waitress was prompt and very efficient , found the food to be very good, not sure but thinking there was a change in the kitchen as recently we have been pleased with the food being served, different than a while ago, this has turned out to probably be the best restaurant in the Gardner area and worth the evening

Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

There's not a whole lot of options in Gardner but the Ale house it a good one. The people are friendly and the food is good. They have an open deck area out back now for sitting which is nice in the fall. They brew a ton of their own beers and have a few others on tap. I was not too crazy about their own craft beers but I did enjoy a good Jameson and ginger and a ginger beer on tap.

Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

Everyone comes here for the pub food but their hands fun pizza from the brick oven is the best- hamburger and pepper are my favorite

Been to Gardner Ale House? Share your experiences!