All reviews british beer company free breakfast newer part breakfast options yogurt room key beds were comfortable natick mall needed a place to stay the room was nice convenient location free parking boston bbc walmart college route
Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

For the past ten years we have stayed at this hotel, originally a Best Western, numerous times. On this visit, our room smelled musty and moldy so we turned on the air conditioner and left to visit family. On our return when I removed my shoes, the carpet felt very damp. The next morning, I felt nauseous and unwell and my legs itched and burned terribly. I thought it was mosquito bites but they were covered with red dots and terrible streaks of red. We changed rooms. That night there was a huge puddle of water in the bathroom coming from under the toilet. We called in the morning. Meantime I was in terrible pain with uncontrollable itching on both feet and shins. They said the toilet was fixed but a huge puddle was there again the next morning. We called again. All in all, it took 3 days to fix. The next day I went to a local emergency medical clinic because I couldn’t stand the itching and pain any more. The medical nurse practitioner in charge of the clinic told me that it definitely was not mosquito bites and looked more like fleas than bed bugs. Her report reflected this and recommended that we tell the hotel to have someone come in to verify what critters were in that room. Instead of apology, empathy, asking how I was doing, comping part of the bill, we heard a very significant self-defensive tone and a complaint that the manager would have to spend money having an inspector come in. We checked out six days later and by that date, no inspector

We were there for 10 nights and 3 other rooms had been booked at our recommendation by family members. The manager was defensive, insisted she had apologized, and did nothing to make up for the flea bites, discomfort, 3 days of toilet water on our bathroom floor. Her only concern was about what it would cost to hire an inspector.

It goes without saying, we will never stay there again.

Interestingly, Magnuson Hotels head office will not accept any responsibility because the hotels are owned and operated privately and not by the chain.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Gilda R
Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

When I Booked this hotel online it said that this hotel had a pool and also microwaves in every room. This hotel has neither. I booked this hotel for that reason alone. I was very disappointed and when I told the hotel that they should change the information they told me that it was up to the website that ibooked the hotel through which was trivago.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 July 2018

I always base my choice of accommodation on the opinions of other travelers on the internet and especially tripadvisor, in my short trip to Boston and continued to Niagara needed a hotel that would allow me to rest at night, and that I offer a good breakfast included, this one fulfilled with what is required. I had a little difficulty locating it but maybe it is not very visible on the road. I was also presented with a small problem with the reservation due to the number of people that Booking allowed me and the one that the Hotel allowed since we were 7 people for a room, it was after an arduous day driving to accept 2 rooms, Booking returned me the price difference.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

This place looks dark on the outside. Don't be deceived. The rooms are spacious,clean and with all of the luxuries of a 4 star hotel. The management and staff are always outgoing and helpful. The simple continental breakfast suited all of my family's hunger needs at 7am. A great economical hotel ideally located on Rt. 9. Three thumbs up.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

We travelled to Boston from Montana for a medical appointment, so due to the short notice and already quickly rising cost of the trip, we could not afford the Boston prices. Recent reviews here and the price led us to book. It wasn’t all bad, but unfortunately the cons outweighed the pros.

Pros - the staff was very nice and helpful. We booked for three nights (arriving Saturday, departing Tuesday). We were supposed to arrive late Saturday night, around 11pm, but ended up stuck at the airport all night due to a rental car problem. We ended up arriving about 8:30am Sunday. Because of the credit card issue we could not fix until Monday, I told them we would pay cash. He said they don’t take cash (who doesn’t take cash? This actually falls to cons...) but after explaining our situation he agreed to let us pay cash. Everyone else was also very kind.

Location is decent, with a Walmart across the street and a good number of restaurants, but not exactly a walkable area. It’s also quite close to the Logan Express, which could be a nice convenience if they offered a shuttle - it’s just under a mile so really too short to take a cab, but a bit far for many people to walk with luggage etc.

It was nice to have a balcony in the “brick” wing.

Breakfast was a nice perk, and quality was decent.

Cons - the outside of the building does not inspire any confidence AT ALL. The sign out front is unlit and low to the ground. The most visible part of the building is a somewhat rundown looking tan block, with an old Best Western sign that has been painted over in not entirely opaque black paint. One whole side of the building has signs that parking is for British Beer Company guests only, despite the fact that the restaurant (attached to the hotel) is no longer in business. We were very concerned about our choice when we first arrived. First impressions are everything, folks!

Cleanliness and maintenance were not up to par. Signs had paper with handwritten directions, old directions (like the now non-existent reataurant) and the hallway rugs were old and stained. In the room, the carpet just felt dirty and grimy. I saw the housekeepers and know they were working hard, but they are trying to clean an old dinosaur that just needs an overhaul. The worst part though was that all of the linens smelled and felt like very harsh detergents. Unfortunately our reason for traveling was medical and my husband can have reactions to harsh chemicals. Most hotels nowadays try to be conscientious and it’s not typically an issue, but this stuff did him in. Between that and the dust/dirt from the old carpet everywhere he just couldn’t take it.

After we finished our appointments on Monday we asked about checking out early, but it was already too late in the day. We couldn’t stay another night regardless though due to him breaking out in hives from the linens and dust, so we left. So, we basically paid 3 nights for 8:30am Sunday to 7pm Monday, and then paid for another hotel to replace that one Monday night.

As I said, the staff were great and we appreciate them allowing us to pay cash, but I do really wish I had most of
that cash back at this point.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple