It has been many years since we last visited the Sea Crest. My first trip to the hotel was way back in the early 1970”s. At the time it was owned by the Boston Celtics coach Red Auerbach and a gentleman by the name of Steve Hill. As I recall Steve was also the onsite manager who was a professional entertainer himself and well known in the area for bringing in top flight entertainment. It wasn’t luxurious back then but clean and well maintained, sort of an oddly shaped motel with several sections sitting on Old Silver beach. The staff was friendly and when you went into the lobby there was a large bulletin board loaded with photographs of the guests, staff, hotel activities as well as numerous local celebrities. It was fun back then. It was as we used to say “a cool and happening kind of place”.
In just a few years the ownership and management changed but we continued to go back and especially enjoyed the off season. Unfortunately as the years progressed we could see a slow but steady decline. By the mid 1990’s (our last visit till now) it was very disappointing. Despite the beautiful location, the lack of up keep and the disillusioned and sometimes rude staff no longer made this a desirable destination for us. Later and when we discovered Trip advisor I would periodically check the Sea Crest reviews and read story after story of guests experiencing much of the same.
Now this seems to have changed. The number of positive reviews has increased dramatically so we decided to find out for ourselves.
We made reservations for the Valentine’s weekend and signed up for their package deal which included dinner and breakfast. In addition, much to our surprise, there was a chilled bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries waiting for us when we got to our room. The room itself was very nice. It was on the second floor in building #4 which provided us with a full ocean view and our own private balcony.
Check in was easy and welcoming. The lobby is very impressive and we could see that there have been extensive renovations throughout the hotel. Keep in mind that there is still a good deal of construction going on as they renovate the indoor pool and fitness center. This should be completed before the summer season so the hotel will once again have those options to offer.
After we settled into our room we decided to go back to the main building and try out Reds Restaurant and Lounge. We found Reds to be stylish but also warm and friendly with a definite Pub like feel. As this was the second Saturday of February there were just a few guests staying at the hotel and we found ourselves alone at the bar chatting with the bar tender and several of the staff who came over to greet us and talk about the resort. We had great time.
After we went back to our room to rest up we came back about 7 PM to the main dining room for our evening dinner. We were seated right next to the glass walled widow overlooking the beach which was illuminated by spotlights and added a nice touch to the charming atmosphere. The food was very good but the service was outstanding. You might have thought you were at some posh five star hotel in Boston or New York. After dinner we decided to turn in for the night. It had been a long day for us and we are early risers. The beds were very comfortable and we both got a good night’s sleep. We had breakfast at Reds the next morning which was well prepared and included several refills of coffee.
To sum it all up --- we had a great time. Our impression was that everyone starting with reservations all the way to our Sunday morning check out went out of their way to let us know how much they appreciated our business and that they want us to come back. In our honest opinion, The Sea Crest Beach Hotel is once again that cool and happening kind of place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sea Crest Beach Hotel is located on one of the most beautiful beaches on Cape Cod. Just 70 miles from Boston, Sea Crest Beach Hotel is perfect for a wedding, reunion, corporate event, or just that perfect Cape Cod vacation, Sea Crest Beach Hotel on Old Sliver Beach will make your time on Cape Cod memorable. Sit by our outdoor saline pool, lie on our pristine, white sand, beach overlooking Buzzards Bay, go windsurfing, swimming, or just relax with a good book. The Sea Crest Beach Hotel is Cape Cod’s finest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sea Crest Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Crest Oceanfront Resort
- Sea Crest Falmouth Ma
- Sea Crest Beach Hotel Falmouth, MA - Cape Cod