This is my 3rd stay at the Sea Crest Beach Hotel over the last few years. Each stay was over the Dec/Jan quiet period. First, the good part. You can't beat the hotel's location on the beach. Second, the renovations are showing progress. The rooms used to be dumps. Under the new owner, the rooms are not too bad. My only concern is whether the renovations will hold up over a busy summer season. From what I can see, the renovations were not well supervised. Rooms are newly painted but there are still spots you can see that were not painted. Bathroom faucets are new but not bolted down to the sink firmly. Bathtubs are new but water does not go down fast enough and pools up when you take a shower. By the way, also make sure the TV works in your room, I asked to be moved since the TV did not get a good signal in my first room. A nice big flat screen TV does not do you much good without a good signal.
Still not completed is the indoor gym and pool. You can use the facility in a Holiday Inn around 15 minutes drive away for free. Definitely an inconvenience. Front desk support is a friendly but a little inconsistent. A pet peeve is that they said they had a policy of not matching available rates from sites like Hotels.com. I called them up to see if they had a better deal than Hotels.com and they quoted a rate that was higher and said they don't match rates. This does not seem to make good business sense. They want me to book from a third party rather than from them?
I wish this place all the luck in the world. They certainly have a great location. I just don't know whether its worth the hundreds of bucks a night they charge over the summer months to stay here. I paid around $100 a night (low season) without breakfast and thought my rate, with what the facility currently offers, a little high.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sea Crest Beach Hotel is located on one of the most beautiful beaches on Cape Cod. Just 70 miles from Boston, Sea Crest Beach Hotel is perfect for a wedding, reunion, corporate event, or just that perfect Cape Cod vacation, Sea Crest Beach Hotel on Old Sliver Beach will make your time on Cape Cod memorable. Sit by our outdoor saline pool, lie on our pristine, white sand, beach overlooking Buzzards Bay, go windsurfing, swimming, or just relax with a good book. The Sea Crest Beach Hotel is Cape Cod’s finest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Sea Crest Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Crest Oceanfront Resort
- Sea Crest Falmouth Ma
- Sea Crest Beach Hotel Falmouth, MA - Cape Cod