Captain's Quarters at Surfside Resort
Falmouth Inn(Falmouth)
  • Pool
Mariner Motel(Falmouth)
View Hotel
All reviewsfull bathroomsfalmouth heights beachliving roombritish beer companytimeshare exchangelaundry facilities on sitenice clean placejacuzzi tubfront desk staffcape codnice roommartha's vineyardno elevatorking bedvineyard soundenjoyed our staygood size
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 November 2011

This resort is located in a beautiful Cape neighborhood which gives it a more homey feel. Our unit was in the back building and we had views of Vineyard Sound from every room. We loved just walking across the street to the beach. Have never seen such gorgeous sunsets. Conveniently located to just about everything. Downtown is two minutes with great shops and restaurants. Woods Hole is 10 minutes (go see Nobska Lighthouse.)
We had a one bedroom unit. Hardwood floors, berber carpet in bedroom, 2 bathrooms. Kitchen had no oven but everything else and we did cook many meals. Clean and nicely decorated. Furniture although okay could have been more comfortable. Bed not that great.
No laundry facilities anywhere on the property. Overall great place, great views and great location.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank NHIslandGirl
Reviewed 13 July 2011

My family and I just returned from our 1st trip at Captain's Quarters. We had an absolutely wonderful vacation! The location is perfect. Falmouth Heights Beach is right across the street, with beautiful views of the ocean and the pool from our unit on the 2nd floor. The British Beer Company, and Casino Wharf are just a few hundred feet away as well. The resort and units themselves are immaculate and very upscale. My wife and I searched for a long time to find the perfect timeshare at the cape and found that they are extremely hard to come by, and also don't offer all the amenities, local conveniences, as well as the upscale modern appeal that Captain's Quarters offers. We wanted something early July so the kids could enjoy the fireworks and festivities that the Cape has always been known for at that time of the year. Owning property is WAY too expensive, so Timeshare was the only option for us. It's the best decision we ever made. The staff is awesome! Great with my kids and very professional with whatever needed. The GM, Michael MacDonald, has done a fantastic job with managing all of the Innseason's resorts at the Cape, and I could tell after meeting him, why the resorts have done as well as they have and are the most sought after. Both he and his staff deserve all the credit for that, and my only regret is that I couldn't stay with my family the whole week because of some business commitments. We look forward to many many years of enjoyment and lifelong memories for years to come at the Captain's Quarters!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank CQ705
GM_CQS-SFD, General Manager at Captain's Quarters at Surfside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2011

Thank you so much for your review! The staff and management work very hard to ensure our guests have everything they need to melt the stress away and enjoy their time with us to the fullest. I have shared your kind words with the staff and appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and look forward to seeing you again real soon!

Reviewed 21 March 2011

I stayed just this past weekend to get away for my birthday and was very pleased with the condition of the hotel. I checked in on Friday with one other person, we reserved the two bedroom suite because we had two additional guests meeting us on Saturday. The room was available when we arrived a little early. The front desk staff was incredibly friendly and made a great first impression for the hotel. The room was clean and spacious, perfect for 4 people (or even 6 if you plan on using a pullout couch). The room was stocked with every thing you need to cook at the hotel. The one night we requested a blender, they were super quick to bring it up to the room for no extra charge. The porch was HUGE! The outdoor pool was closed (being only March) but we were able to use the indoor pool at the sister hotel down the street for no extra charge. I got more than I expected for the low cost of our stay there. Its walking distance to the British Beer Company, great food and fun live entertainment. My ONLY suggestion - get some new comforters! They seem very outdated and don't feel too nice. Nice newer comforters could really make the rooms look entirely new, a small change that could go a long way. Thanks for great stay!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank MissCoe

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your comforter suggestion. We are constantly updating decor and we will look into replacing the comforters prior to the summer of 2012. Thanks again!

Reviewed 12 February 2011

We had booked a long weekend and had to find another place to stay because the place was so filthy.
There was dust on top of the fridge,TV and phone books. There was pubic hairs inside the fridge and in the jaccuzzi. The jets in the jaccuzzi had obviously never been cleaned, and there was hairs in the jaccuzzi. The sheets were stained, and there was hairs on the pillows. One of the kitchen fabric chairs had some dried on slime. The toilet was not clean.
It was late and the receptionist allowed us to cheek another unit, and that one was also not clean. So we ended up having to find another place to stay at 11pm.
The receptionist said the mananger would contact us, and they never did.
Stay Away!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
7  Thank cjs0
GM_CQS-SFD, General Manager at Captain's Quarters at Surfside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2011

Hello,

I was disappointed to read this review. Cleanliness is a top priority for Captain's Quarters, we take pride in our housekeeping and apologize for any inconvenience suffered by this guest. The issues mentioned above were never brought to the attention of management, if they were they would have been taken care of immediately.

All of our rooms are inspected twice after cleaning. First by the Executive Housekeeper and then by the General Manager, we would never release a room in that condition. I only wish that the guest followed up with the Resort as opposed to opening a Tripadvisor account and deciding that would be the best forum for their frustration. We would encourage all of our future guests to allow us an opportunity to examine the process that led to their unhappiness.

I have sent a private message to this reviewer in the hopes that we can have a second opportunity to make a positive first impression!

Thanks!!

Reviewed 6 September 2010

This is the third time we have stayed at Captain's Quarters, and I think that we enjoy it more each time. To be clear, the facility itself will never be confused with a Four Seasons, and the beach is nothing like one in the Caribbean, but it is clean, the service is great, and the location is hard to beat. My grandaughter loves the pool, the beach right across the street, the grassy area where you can fly a kite, and the many ice cream, mini golf, etc. places within a short drive. My son loved fishing with his friend on a boat located just a mile or so away and using the jacuzzin in the room. My daughter likes the pool, beach, and going to have a few drinks and watching a ball game at the British Beer Works just 2 blocks away. My wife and I like the beautiful Shining Sea bike path that is just a few miles away, the ferry to Martha's Vineyard about 1/2 mile away, as well as going to Cape Cod baseball league games at night. We soon will be booking a week next summer at Captains Quarters.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank EandG75
GM_CQS-SFD, Manager at Captain's Quarters at Surfside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2010

We at Captain's Quarters appreciate your feedback and are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us!