“What a fabulous place, just perfect!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Edgartown
Winnetu Oceanside Resort
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Edgartown
Massachusetts
“What a fabulous place, just perfect!”
Reviewed 21 May 2012

We just returned from a lovely weekend at the Winnetu. My family brought me to celebrate my 40th birthday and it was the PERFECT weekend. My husband chose the Winnetu based on other reviews and we were not disappointed! We have been to the Vineyard before, but always stayed toward the Oak Bluffs or Vineyard Haven area, which were just so busy. The Winnetu was perfectly close, yet perfectly not! the staff at the resort was wonderful, especially Tim. He was so very helpful to my family who only had 2 days to see what we could see and Tim never steered us wrong, suggesting both dining options as well as places on the island we really should see. He knew just what we were looking for and nailed it every time! When you are in an unfamiliar place, that is so very important, and we were glad we had Tim to help us. On the night we arrived there was a wedding rehersal party going on and he let us know that he was staying a little late in case anyone needed him and mentioned that ALL of their guests comfort was important to the resort and not to hesitate if anyone was loud, which there were not, but it was nice to know that all guest are considered. We were there May 18-20th so the water was chilly, but we did enjoy the 5 minute walk to South Beach through the beautiful grounds, just the walk was nice, but the beach was the most gorgeous stretch of sand I've seen on the cape. It was breathtaking, no rocks,just beautiful soft sand. When we weren't at the beach we did use the heated pool at the resort, it was heated to 86 degrees and the pool area was clean and well kept. The grounds of the resort were beautiful and meticulously landscaped. On the lawn area there was a large box filled with soccer balls, and all sorts of lawn toys for you to play with. We did borrow a movie from the library one night as well. We stayed in 2 -1 bedroom West Chop suites, which were very large. The kitchen area had a microwave, stove, toaster and coffee maker. Each morning when our room was cleaned the staff also started the dishwasher. On the beautiful deck there were two beach chairs for our use, as well as beach towels for each guest which you easily exchanged in the gift shop for fresh ones when needed. My family called ahead to arrange for a birthday cake and the staff picked up my cake at the Black Dog bakery and it was waiting in our refridgerator when we arrived back that day. We had a vehicle, but for those who did not, I did notice the nightly shuttle schedule posted on a chalk board outside. I can't say enough about the Winnetu, it was worth ever penny and made this special occasion that much more special!! I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank CaseyCz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Boston MA
Reviewed 20 May 2012 via mobile

Just returned from a two night stay celebrating a wedding at the Winnetu. Our first trip back to the vineyard in many years-- all i can say is that the resort is outstanding! Great staff, and delicious food. The resort grounds and rooms are immaculate. Will return and highly recommend.

Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank missmaggiemay
Medford, Ma
Reviewed 8 May 2012

My husband and I stayed at The Winnetu May 4 through May 7, 2012 on our first visit to Martha's Vineyard. I chose The Winnetu after looking at lots of places on line for several reasons and I was not disappointed. The Winnetu is a 5 minute walk on a lovely little path down to South Beach which is arguably one of the most beautiful beaches I have been to. There are no other resorts around and it is off season so very private and quiet but the beach is so long that I imagine even in summer there is room for everyone. We took advantage of The Winnetu's Spring special where you stay for 2 nights in a 1-4 bedroom suite and get the 3rd free...hard to pass that up. We stayed in an Easty Chop (named after a MV lighthouse) queen suite on the third floor. The decor was beautiful modern, classy beach and spacious with a bedroom, bath, kitchenette, living room and a balcony with a 180 degree view of the ocean. Our stay also included and amazing breakfast buffet each morning and we were there for a great Kentucky Derby celebration complete with Mint Juleps.
The staff at The Winnetu were wonderful, very friendly and helpful with directions to other parts of the Vineyard, places to see and eat and Lizzie (hope I got the name right) at the front desk was so kind to offer a late checkout so we could take advantage of a beautiful sunny day on our last day and sit on the beach for several hours on the beach chairs provided during our stay. We had a wonderful time and plan to return again in the fall when they have similar specials and the rates go down again.There are bigger suites as well as town homes and houses you can rent. I would highly recommend The Winnetu for your Martha's Vineyard stay. The location in the Katama section of Edgartown is great and the people and facilities are top notch.

Room Tip: If you like to sit on your balcony and gaze at the ocean I would recommend asking for a room on the...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank GinaMedford_Ma
Milton
Reviewed 8 May 2012

My husband and I just spent a relaxing long weekend on the Vineyard at the Winnetu. I work for a major hotel chain so I was hoping to be impressed - and I was not disappointed. From the moment we walked into the Reception area and were greeted by the Front Office Manager, we knew we were going to enjoy our stay. Tim, the Front Desk Manager, personally escorted us to our suite overlooking the front lawns which stretch out to South Beach. At dinner in Lure, their lovely dining room, we experienced excellent service and delicious food. Ruby, our waitress, and the Executive Chef were more than helpful explaining the menu and letting us taste different wines to find one we would enjoy with our meal. The short walking path to the beach was well marked and maintained and because it was "off season" South Beach was not crowded. The hotel provides beach chairs and will make a picnic lunch in their gift shop for guests. We got everything we wanted for this get-away weekend and we will be back because of the wonderful service, pristine accommodations and delicious food. Thank you, Winnetu, for a great birthday weekend!

Room Tip: Suite 311 had a great view of South Beach off the deck.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ann A
boston
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We just got back from our first stay at the Winnetu and it was absolutely fantastic! The staff was incredible. Everyone from the office, wait staff, maintenance, and cleaning people were so friendly and helpful. there was so much to do with the kids just on the resort. we had a blast playing Foosball, ping pong and chess with pieces that were 4 feet tall!

The rooms were super clean, nicely decorated, and had plenty of room for the 3 of us. We stayed in the Edgartown Queen Suite. We especially loved our private deck which was great to have breakfast or dinner on.

The Lure Grill which is on site was also fantastic. Great breakfast buffet and again the wait staff were always friendly and super accommodating.

The other wonderful thing about this resort is you are a 5 minute walk from south beach so you don't have to worry about beach parking once the season is in full swing.

I really can not say enough positive things about the Winnetu. I would highly recommend them
as the place to stay on the Vineyard!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank gwynmBoston
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edgartown
13.5 km away
4.7 km away
Clarion Inn Martha's Vineyard
4.3 km away
Vineyard Square Hotel & Suites

Been to Winnetu Oceanside Resort? Share your experiences!