We just returned from a lovely weekend at the Winnetu. My family brought me to celebrate my 40th birthday and it was the PERFECT weekend. My husband chose the Winnetu based on other reviews and we were not disappointed! We have been to the Vineyard before, but always stayed toward the Oak Bluffs or Vineyard Haven area, which were just so busy. The Winnetu was perfectly close, yet perfectly not! the staff at the resort was wonderful, especially Tim. He was so very helpful to my family who only had 2 days to see what we could see and Tim never steered us wrong, suggesting both dining options as well as places on the island we really should see. He knew just what we were looking for and nailed it every time! When you are in an unfamiliar place, that is so very important, and we were glad we had Tim to help us. On the night we arrived there was a wedding rehersal party going on and he let us know that he was staying a little late in case anyone needed him and mentioned that ALL of their guests comfort was important to the resort and not to hesitate if anyone was loud, which there were not, but it was nice to know that all guest are considered. We were there May 18-20th so the water was chilly, but we did enjoy the 5 minute walk to South Beach through the beautiful grounds, just the walk was nice, but the beach was the most gorgeous stretch of sand I've seen on the cape. It was breathtaking, no rocks,just beautiful soft sand. When we weren't at the beach we did use the heated pool at the resort, it was heated to 86 degrees and the pool area was clean and well kept. The grounds of the resort were beautiful and meticulously landscaped. On the lawn area there was a large box filled with soccer balls, and all sorts of lawn toys for you to play with. We did borrow a movie from the library one night as well. We stayed in 2 -1 bedroom West Chop suites, which were very large. The kitchen area had a microwave, stove, toaster and coffee maker. Each morning when our room was cleaned the staff also started the dishwasher. On the beautiful deck there were two beach chairs for our use, as well as beach towels for each guest which you easily exchanged in the gift shop for fresh ones when needed. My family called ahead to arrange for a birthday cake and the staff picked up my cake at the Black Dog bakery and it was waiting in our refridgerator when we arrived back that day. We had a vehicle, but for those who did not, I did notice the nightly shuttle schedule posted on a chalk board outside. I can't say enough about the Winnetu, it was worth ever penny and made this special occasion that much more special!! I can't wait to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only resort located directly at South Beach, Edgartown, Martha's Vineyard. Opened in year 2000, featuring 54 air-conditioned studios and suites and one and two-bedroom cottages. Over 80 private townhouses and homes also available for rent. Offering a complimentary Children's Day Program (in season); Parent/Toddler Program; heated swimming pools; tennis; yoga and fitness classes; Fitness Center; Concierge Services; life-size, outdoor chess; putting green; and shuttle service to Edgartown. Optional activities include: Children's Evening Program; Teen Program; weekly clambakes; sunset water taxi cruise to Edgartown; and Two-Island Adventure Trip to our sister Resort on Nantucket, The Nantucket Hotel. Ocean-view, family-friendly, casually upscale restaurant, The Dunes located on-site. Resort open mid-April through late October. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Winnetu Oceanside Hotel Edgartown
- Winnetu Oceanside Edgartown
- Winnetu Resort
- Winnetu Oceanside Resort Edgartown, MA - Martha's Vineyard