All reviews great location community kitchen great view of the harbor timeshare property timeshare exchange martha's vineyard heated pool cooking facilities restaurants and shops great shower grounds are well maintained small refrigerator can't wait to visit again downtown edgartown within walking distance public spaces hotel guests
Reviewed 15 September 2017

The Harborside Inn is right on the water in walking distance to many restaurants and bard. The room are a good size. The bed is comfortable and the balcony's outside the rooms give a great view of the harbor. Not cheap, but definitely worth it. There is a large pool and plenty of recliners.

Room Tip: Chaoaquidick house has the best balcony views. Rooms a little larger.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2017

Couldn't ask for a better location - everything is within walking distance and you get a great view of the harbor from every room. We stayed here over Labor Day weekend and enjoyed being so close to all the action. It is a beautiful hotel!

The service on the other hand is not great. Housekeeping never once came to our room - we were there 3 nights and were not in the room during the day, so I'm not sure why they never came. I was amazed by this considering what we were paying per night..I kept having to call for new towels. The staff I interacted with were all pleasant, but nobody went out of their way to make sure we enjoyed our stay.

Room amenities were minimal - there was shampoo, conditioner, and bar soap. No lotion or body wash (not a huge deal, but I would have brought my own had I known).

I would stay in this hotel again - it truly is beautiful and a great location - but I would make sure to put the housekeeping sign on the door every day!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 273ctr
Reviewed 18 August 2017

From the street outside, it looks like a quaint, colonial house. But inside it is a spacious hotel room. We stayed in the Chapaquidick house on the main floor. Room was big and clean (not very fancy) with two full sized beds - which were very comfortable. We had a huge balcony with a great view of the grounds, pool and the harbor. Also a walk in closet. The bathroom could have been bigger, given the size of the room and deck. The hotel is literally in the middle of all the action in downtown Edgartown. Bike rental across the street and tons of great restaurants and shops just steps away. No problems with noise, which was surprising given the location! Nice benefit having the pool too, though we only used it for like 15 minutes. Also, front desk was very accommodating with umbrellas for us to borrow when the sky opened up and it started pouring one evening!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the harbor! Great views.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Amy B
Reviewed 18 August 2017

The setting is magical. The hotel is five buildings that surround a small grassy courtyard with a pool overlooking the harbor. Each room has a deck/balcony from which to sit and view the boats and happenings in the harbor, which is so relaxing and terrific. The pool is warm and very family friendly (but the lounges around the pool seem to fill up!). The hotel is right in the middle of Edgartown, and getting around to the beach or the island is easy. We walked to Katama (3 miles) for fun but there is also a bus to take you around if you don't want to rent a car. I highly recommend the coffee shop next door - crazy yummy pastries and sandwiches too!

Room Tip: Free wi-fi but don't count on it. Very spotty service at best.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dagnyt1621
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Arrived after a red eye from West Coast, tried to get early arrival but was unable, however they were accommodating and let me hang out in lounge ( pretty) and change into comfortable clothes, and was able to leave suitcase on site as I explored.
Had a great second floor room with cousin for family reunion, comfy bed, great shower , coffee in lobby, also around the corner at local shop a minute away, opens at 6:30 a.m.
Didn't go to pool but looks fine, enjoyed harbor views which were amazing. It's a really nice comfy place that will make you feel like you are at home!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family