“Pleasantly surprised!”

Ranked #9 of 39 Restaurants in Easton
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 28 March 2017

This little place is fabulous! I ordered my dinner to go to take back to my hotel. Everything was so fresh - the grilled salmon teriyaki was delicious, not too sweet, and the veggies were done perfectly. Had steamed edamame, too. I NEVER write reviews, but I felt compelled!

Date of visit: March 2017

Reviewed 23 June 2016

One of the best in the area. Very fresh and creative. Chef will also make what ever you want if you don't see it on the menu. I cannot comment on the other menu items because the sushi is so good I never want to try anything else!

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed 19 December 2015

I have eaten here for Lunch a number of time and would recommend it, I always get the Lunch Bulgoki box with a side of extra Kimchi. The Miso soup is well prepared, I like it steaming hot and a little salty. The main reason I stop at any Korean based restaurant is for the Kimchi - While here they add a little more Ginger than I am used to I do like it , the Kimchi is made in their kitchen and I enjoy the variety of flavors. There is not much seating so it may be more difficult for family dining? and they always are doing a lot of take out.

Date of visit: September 2015
Reviewed 16 October 2015 via mobile

There are not many memorable places to eat in this area, you have to know where to find them, and this is high on my list. The menu has so much more than sushi, and the locals know this judging by the volume of take out. It is a treat to eat in the tiny restaurant, in beautiful and relaxed ambiance. The owner serves you like you are in her own home. I love bringing my family and friends here. They have a very unassuming location in little strip mall, which makes it a special find, you have to know it's there rather than just happen upin it.

Date of visit: June 2015
Reviewed 8 October 2014

Hayashi is one of those hole in the wall sized places that you're likely to drive by and barely notice it. The small size is part of it's charm but the food is what makes this a great spot. I've eaten here dozens of times over the last 6 years or so and have yet to be disappointed. The last visit we had vegetable tempora, steamed pork dumplings, hamachi maki, crazy maki, and an eel maki that I can't remember the name of. We were so full but did not leave a crumb on any of the plates.

Date of visit: October 2014

Been to Hayashi Japanese Restaurant? Share your experiences!