“Even if you don't like sushi, (forgive me) this place is delightful!”

Hayashi Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 39 Restaurants in Easton
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 16 October 2015 via mobile

There are not many memorable places to eat in this area, you have to know where to find them, and this is high on my list. The menu has so much more than sushi, and the locals know this judging by the volume of take out. It is a treat to eat in the tiny restaurant, in beautiful and relaxed ambiance. The owner serves you like you are in her own home. I love bringing my family and friends here. They have a very unassuming location in little strip mall, which makes it a special find, you have to know it's there rather than just happen upin it.

Reviewed 8 October 2014

Hayashi is one of those hole in the wall sized places that you're likely to drive by and barely notice it. The small size is part of it's charm but the food is what makes this a great spot. I've eaten here dozens of times over the last 6 years or so and have yet to be disappointed. The last visit we had vegetable tempora, steamed pork dumplings, hamachi maki, crazy maki, and an eel maki that I can't remember the name of. We were so full but did not leave a crumb on any of the plates.

Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I went for dinner here friday night after hearing a great review from friends. The location is in a small strip mall in Easton off 138. The small size and japanese decor gave a feeling you were in Tokyo. It was a bit early (6:30), so we were the only diners at first. The server was friendly and brought our hot sake over right away. It was a good quality sake. We ordered the Spider Maki sushi (soft shelled crab) and the steamed potstika app. Both were great. For main course I had the korean steak dish served with vegetable and rice which was excellent and my wife had some more sushi as a main. The meal was fantastic. It is a true gem. It is an unassuming place as you can easily drive by it from the road but I would highly recommend a meal here.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

This place is unbelievably tiny, but the atmosphere is stellar and so is the food. It was absolutely one of the best meals that I have ever eaten. The sushi was perfect. The service was also fantastic. If you happen to be driving by or in the area STOP and EAT!!

1  Thank ninabean11
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Not much in this part of the world but this place is a huge plus. Great sushi, some very unique rolls, fresh, and good service. Beer and wine, no liquor. Small restuarant so it can get crowded quick. Good prices!

Been to Hayashi Japanese Restaurant? Share your experiences!