“Always good”

Ranked #9 of 39 Restaurants in Easton
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 8 October 2014

Hayashi is one of those hole in the wall sized places that you're likely to drive by and barely notice it. The small size is part of it's charm but the food is what makes this a great spot. I've eaten here dozens of times over the last 6 years or so and have yet to be disappointed. The last visit we had vegetable tempora, steamed pork dumplings, hamachi maki, crazy maki, and an eel maki that I can't remember the name of. We were so full but did not leave a crumb on any of the plates.

Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I went for dinner here friday night after hearing a great review from friends. The location is in a small strip mall in Easton off 138. The small size and japanese decor gave a feeling you were in Tokyo. It was a bit early (6:30), so we were the only diners at first. The server was friendly and brought our hot sake over right away. It was a good quality sake. We ordered the Spider Maki sushi (soft shelled crab) and the steamed potstika app. Both were great. For main course I had the korean steak dish served with vegetable and rice which was excellent and my wife had some more sushi as a main. The meal was fantastic. It is a true gem. It is an unassuming place as you can easily drive by it from the road but I would highly recommend a meal here.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

This place is unbelievably tiny, but the atmosphere is stellar and so is the food. It was absolutely one of the best meals that I have ever eaten. The sushi was perfect. The service was also fantastic. If you happen to be driving by or in the area STOP and EAT!!

1  Thank ninabean11
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Not much in this part of the world but this place is a huge plus. Great sushi, some very unique rolls, fresh, and good service. Beer and wine, no liquor. Small restuarant so it can get crowded quick. Good prices!

Reviewed 10 January 2014

So happy when I first tried Hayashi a couple of years ago. It is nice to have a good sushi place nearby finally. It is not the cheapest, but it is quality sushi. This place is not good for large parties as it only have several tables. The most I've had in one visit was six, and that was fine. They always have special rolls, and they are usually quite good. I cannot remember the name of the appetizer we like, but it is basically a fish, bones still in, grilled (I think). Anyway, whatever it is, it's very good.

Been to Hayashi Japanese Restaurant? Share your experiences!