All reviewsfour pointsoutdoor poollawn areacape codsmall fridgehammocksfacilitiesdogsummercarpetingconvenienceorleans
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

I knew when booking this for our vacation that it was a basic place and a 2 star inn. But, because the property is right next to the Sheraton and many of the facilities there are also included at no extra charge, I believe this 2 star inn should have some better standards because it feels part of Sheraton.

We stayed on the second floor.

Bathroom wasn't too bad and I was surprised. I loved the curved shower rod. Great idea! The small window that looks out to trees, which you can see out while showering through the mesh top of the curtain. Loved it. The window also opened to air out. I didn't like how difficult it was to pull out the water knob to turn on the water. The ceiling metal trim had some rust at one corner. Of course, there was hardly much room for toiletries in the bathroom. But, I moved one of the chairs next to the bathroom and it worked good. Oh, I liked that the shower and toilet were separate, with a door.

In the main bedroom area, we tried the tv once but we couldn't get cable at all. But we were busy all days so it didn't matter to us so I didn't complain and let it go.

As you walk in, the first thing that can be seen was some noticeable damage on the wall. Should have already been fixed. I liked that there was a full length mirror. The rug needs to go, for sure. There was an edge of the rug was not vacuumed and dust and stuff was there. But mainly the room felt very clean overall.

The bed, I have to say, was very comfortable. The middle "felt" blanket had a couple of holes, though.

The a/c was too loud, even on low. The air only fan was too loud. I turned off the unit completely for the entire time.

The small fridge was old looking and very small. And is the door handle cleaned and sanitized?

The front office people were very nice.

The grounds weren't bad at all. We didn't have a chance to use the pool. But if you like to run and exercise, there is plenty of room around this inn and the Sheraton. That was great.

For the outside of the inn, it shouldn't have looked so mismatched. Many areas had new replaced wood that was unpainted and some areas with trim that is rotted. That felt like I was entering a one star inn.

Basically, it was fine to have a plain design like it is but it should be finished properly, inside and out.

Again, the Sheraton is literally right next to this inn. The breakfast buffet at the Sheraton was ok for what we ate.

I may go back if they upgrade a few things.

Also, I wonder... do hotels and inns wash the top comforter after each stay? I don't like to use the top comforter because I don't know if it is washed. Does the headboards get cleaned and sanitized? The door handles? Tv remote? How are the pillows handled when the beds are made (a persons face will rest against that pillow case). Etc.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank SUN_and_H2O
Reviewed 26 July 2017

I'm staying here currently, from 7/23 to 7/28. This place was advertised as having wifi, which is why we booked it. Every day since I've been here, I've asked the staff to please fix the Wifi in Room 30. I have work to do, & besides this is a service we're paying for. It's now the 3rd day. Nothing has happened & the wifi still doesn't work.

Room Tip: Room 30 does not have wifi
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Cassandra S, Front Office Manager at Ocean Park Inn Cape Cod, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

Hi Dylan,

I am glad I was able to speak with you and that it is working now.
Please let me know if you have any further issues. We just replaced the
whole system at the beginning of the season. I hope you enjoy your last
night with us. Truly sorry for all the trouble with the Wifi.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 19 July 2017

We chose this hotel because we are a family of 5 and hotel rooms with two beds just cause all kinds of trouble, no one sleeps, etc. Ocean Park Inn had a family room with two bed rooms (three beds and a sofa) Hallelujah! I liked that the hotel allows you to use the facilities at the hotel next door (the Four Points). Our family used the indoor pool there and had breakfast the next morning at the restaurant. Both were decent. Our rooms were clean and bed comfortable. We could have easily stayed here for a few nights as we were able to spread out. Outdoor pool had lots of space and most times my children were the only ones in the pool. Just don't go there expecting a 5 star resort and you will be pleased.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank k_forristall

"K_forristall",

Thank you for taking the time to share about your experience at our motel.
I am glad you and your family we able to enjoy all we have to offer here.
We hope to see you again should your travels ever find you in the area
again.

Kindly,

Reviewed 7 July 2017

This was a really nice place to stay, and affordable, considering you are staying on Cape Cod. The room was comfortable, and Jean Ann, at the front counter? Couldn't have asked for a nicer person. Nice, hot shower, huge fluffy towels - overall, an excellent stay.
Good location, and good price. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Cassandra S, Front Office Manager at Ocean Park Inn Cape Cod, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Thank you for your kind review!
We are glad you enjoyed your time with us and hope to see you again soon!
I will be sure to share with Jean Ann your kind comments.

Kindly,

Reviewed 1 October 2016

This really is not a bad place to stay. Love the open spaces it has outside, access to all the amenities (Basket ball and tennis courts, gym, sauna etc. at its sister Hotel (Four Points Sheraton). it is also close to the bike trail with a path at the back.

The room we had we assume similar to the others roomy enough, came with two queen size beds. The place was reasonably priced for the time of the year. It is clear that this place has been around for a long time as evident by its walls carpet and windows etc. it can sure use a face lift as its age is visible by its wears.

Would have been nice to have a Microwave and coffee maker in the room, ah well, can't have it all I guess. Nonetheless if you're looking for a reasonably priced place on the outer cape, this is not a bad choice.
See you in September....

Room Tip: We prefer rooms on the end 1st floor, we didn't want to trek bikes up stairs.To avoid hearing thudding across the floor get an upper room.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Cassandra S, Innkeeper at Ocean Park Inn Cape Cod, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2016

Thank you for sharing your experience at our motel and most of all thank you for choosing us during your time exploring beautiful Cape Cod! We have had a great fall this year on the Cape. This weekend coming up is OysterFest, this is a really fun local festival. Perhaps next year you could try and see what it is all about. I will be sure to pass along your valuable feedback to our owners. We wish to see you again and have a wonderful fall and winter season!

Warmly,