All reviews bagels room was clean cape cod bike path check in was a breeze would stay here again continental breakfast is last minute trip place to sleep flat screen tv nothing fancy peak season two nights mini fridge main building p town short drive
Reviewed 26 September 2015

Lodging in the Cape is on the expensive side. By that standard, this one is right on the money. A basic, no nonsense place. The friendly staff is a big plus.

Good size room, reasonably clean (though some funky smell in the bathroom is a turn off, but it got air out quickly).

All appliance work as expected. Nothing fancy. Breakfast is nothing special. Wifi works even though my room was at the very far corner of the property. Pleasantly surprised.

The pool, for whatever reason I forgot, wasn't open when I checked, which was disappointing. They offered that I can use the pool in their "sister property" but I didn't feel like bothering. Not a big deal though.

The staff has been universally helpful. Big thumbs up! I had a couple of small requests that aren't the usual (though relatively easy to comply). Every staff did it smilingly without a hint of hesitation. It makes me the guest feel welcomed.

The location is less than ideal, in the middle of nowhere (though right on Rt 6, so access is straight forward). On the other hand, it's right next to the bike trail so it's convenient in that sense (if you already have your own bike, which I did).

Room Tip: Room in the back, away from the busy highway and the traffic noise
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
Sanat T, Owner at Captains Quarters Motel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2016

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Captains Quarters Motel and Conference Center!

Thank you very much for taking time to share your experience on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us.

We were delighted to read through your wonderful comments. Our team is always dedicated to provide the best hospitality we offer our guests for a comfortable and memorable stay and we will not miss to share these thoughts with our team.

We certainly look forward to welcome you back in the future, to experience even more of what we have to offer.

Management
Captains Quarters Motel and Conference Center

Reviewed 23 September 2015

i stayed a the hotel many years ago and it was a high end resort..not so anymore..the grounds are nice rooms are big.housekeeping was great..the front desk girl could not get off her personal computer to check us in,when asking a question never looked up too busy..and the pool was green the manager said it was ok just cloudy..

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Captains Quarters Motel and Conference Center!

Thank you for giving your feedback with regards to your recent stay at Captains Quarters Motel and Conference Center. The Management has taken your feedback in a positive manner and actions have been taken to avoid such incidents in future. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused during your stay with us.

Hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Captains Quarters Motel and Conference Center to experience a better service.

Management
Captains Quarters Motel and Conference Center

Reviewed 19 September 2015 via mobile

It was 9 on a Friday night the weekend after peak season. While some places were all booked up, and if not very over priced. I pulled in they had rooms at a very reasonable rate with a king size bed. Upon entering the room I was very happy it was clean and very spacious. We also learned it included breakfast. The bed was very comfortable and the complex was very quite. Breakfast the next morning was good and so we booked another night. I would stay here again and not think twice about it!

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carl L
Sanat T, Manager at Captains Quarters Motel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2016

Thank You for your 5-star review. We always want our customer to get the best service. We are happy you've loved your stay with us! Looking forward to see you again!

Reviewed 17 September 2015

I stayed here about 3 years ago and had a completely different experience. Since I haven't changed that much, it must be the place. First, there has been a change in ownership. There used to be a wonderful woman who was very knowlegeable and gregarious who ran the place, now it seems to have been turned into just another business. I specifically chose this motel because my 8 yo daughter loved it, loved the breakfast bar, the pool, the proximity to everything. But the new owners have gone"cheap". The breakfast bar now includes juice, coffe, cold cereal , and some horrible mini muffins. The crime here, for me , is that my daughter was disappointed. Moving beyond sentiment to the practical: The first room I had was terrible. Adjacent to a large dumpster, the room was dirty and malodorous. The air from the AC unit reeked of mildew. Upon inspection, the filters to the AC were completely black, and obviously hadn't been cleaned in a long time. The rug was dark and shabby, and the pillows on the bed were so high and hard they made it impossible to find a comfortable position. On the positive side, the management did give a better room and better pillows when informed of my dissatisfaction. We did have to go out for breakfast though, what Captain's quarters offered was unpalatable. Suffice it to say that I will never go there again

Room Tip: I would skip this place, and try somewhere with local ownership
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Sanat T, General Manager at Captains Quarters Motel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2015

Thank you for writing review.
I would like to clarify certain things about your review.

* The owners are same. There is no change in ownership between your previous stay and now.
* The breakfast is exactly same as it was when you stayed 3 years ago. Our muffins are bought from the same supplier since last 6 years.
* The pillows are brand new bought from Macys.
* The carpet is new.
* The TV is new. 3 years back it was old CRT tv. Now it is flat screen larger tv.
* You stayed in room no 38 which has a new air conditioner.
* The pool is same. water is crystal clear. Please read others review about pool.
* The vanity is brand new with granite top and square sink. with new faucet. 3 year back it was old wooden vanity and old faucet.
* The shower curtains are brand new. With a curved rod which gives you more elbow room. 3 years back it was straight rod with less room in tub.

It seems that you failed to notice all the changes. The only change you noticed that the people you know are not working here any more and that probably lead you to believe everything is different here. I request tripadvisor to remove the review.

Reviewed 16 September 2015 via mobile

I stayed here with my 3 year old, we would come again. Room was average, decorations and carpet a little dated and creepy, but very clean! And very large! Hotel is right on bike trail which was awesome! Room was even big enough for my bike. Continental breakfast was ok..juice and muffins were enjoyed by my son, and the coffee was good. I just don't care for high sugar muffins and plain bagels for breakfast, but convenience with a small child was good. Staff was very, very nice! No problem getting towels etc..they were very accommodating. Good location, lots of shops, restaurants close by. All in all a decent place.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family

Thank you for writing review.
I would like to clarify certain things about break fast.
Our breakfast is a continental breakfast and not a full buffet with eggs, sausage, bacon and pan cake. Unfortunately we are not licensed by town to serve any cooked food. We are not allowed to cook our own muffins. We can not even put waffle machine under town's law.
So we resorted to a continental breakfast with pre-packaged items. Normally in Cape Cod the hot breakfast is a paid breakfast while ours is a free complimentary breakfast. We tried our best within the limits of our local law to serve our customers.
Thank you again for taking time to write review about us.