“Terrible way to remember my birthday!!”

Amari Bar & Ristorante
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 15 August 2018

My wife and I went to Amari specifically for the veal chop. It was my birthday and that is my favorite meal. We arrived at 8:30 on a Tuesday night. When we were seated nothing was said about the time. Once the meals were ordered we noticed the RUSH treatment. Appetizer served then the salad showed up when we weren't half way through appetizer. at that time a knife was left for my veal chop. At that time I asked why we were being RUSHED. Next thing we see is the lights being shut off in the kitchen!! Then our meals were delivered. Gnocchi was great except the mozzarella was not melted. My rare veal chop showed up COLD in the center. I was subsequently told my original meal was overcooked and they had to re-do it. Rush, rush,rush. More lights shut off . Could not even finish my wine. What a disaster of a birtrhday meal

1  Thank jfd851

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

Good place and good food, all your Italian specialist will be done with great taste. But if is a busy Saturday night, drinks will be late, food also.
They tried! They always do! But last Saturday it was just too much.
Bottom line, we enjoyed the place but, avoid the crowds.

Reviewed 16 July 2018

Our meals were special, attractive and yummy. Our server was attentive and knowledgeable. The beet salad was delicious and large enough to share. Amari Chicken was a wonderful treat with a different type of cheese sauce. The Veal and Chicken Piccata were equally delectable. Many large parties in a very busy/noisy restaurant; however, our first time here went very well. We would return.

Reviewed 13 July 2018

Overall we had a great dinner at Amari. The food was very well prepared and tasty. The service was excellent. I was particularly impressed that they were willing to modify dishes to accommodate food preferences (e.g., substituting squid for shellfish in a signature dish).

Reviewed 11 July 2018

We visited Amari as a change from the usual Cape Cod restaurants specializing in sea food. Sue, our server, made many excellent suggestions. My brother-in-law and I selected the Veal Florentina, our sister-in-law enjoyed a steak and my wife raved about the Frutti de Mare Fra Diavolo. I suggest the reader have a look at their menu for full descriptions of the dishes. The veal was outstanding. My wife exclaimed her meal was one of the best ever, took some of the large portion home and again raved about the dish at lunch the following day. The interior was cozy and friendly. A fine time was had by all.