“Lobster Mac and Cheese is amazing”

Marshside Restaurant
Price range: US$14 - US$30
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 11 September 2017

My friend and I were looking for some really good lobster Mac and cheese and we found it at The Marshside. Comfortable dining room, beautiful views we will definitely be back.

Reviewed 9 September 2017

Had another great dinner at Marshside with family last night. Longish wait for a table this Friday night. This is a very popular place. The bar area was available but we held out for the dining room. Host Sam, lifelong mid-Cape resident, kept customers flowing into tables as they became available, a relatively complex task as he has to balance waitress work load, number of people in the party, and guessing when tables will open. I saw them seat one party in a round corner table that was a perfect containment for a young child, room for an infant carrier and with plenty of space for four adults. Looked like it is normally set for six otherwise, with two other chairs in corners to enlarge it to eight. I don't doubt that ten people who really like each other could squeeze in there. Marshside doesn’t take reservations, by the way; darn it.
We eventually got a very nice window table with a marsh view. Newly planted rose bushes were right outside our window.
Got a menu to look at while we waited but had to restart the clock at the table when one eater learned the stew has garlic in it. They ended up with a burger. Didn't ask about garlic. Other diner had chicken with sweet potato fries, which they shared with both of us, and I had my favorite medley of shrimp (Big, succulent, but only one) stuffed to its gills with yummy stuffing, two scallops (Where were the others?) and a delicious hefty hunk of tasty white fish. Veggies were squash, broccolini or green beans. Thank you, waitress Judy, for knowing your ingredients and for your excellent service on a busy Friday night.
While the rolls and cranberry bread Judy brought to the table were delicious, I shed a tear when I learned the parmesan crisps are unavailable. I was told the baker at their new bakery that Marshside opened next door had to give up something, perhaps temporary, while they launch that subsidiary. I wish them well, but, hey, I want my crisps back. They are the BEST.
Got to talk a bit with very busy Manager Michael while waiting for a table to open up. He's a world class hotelier and restaurateur with experience in world class establishments around our Cape, on mainland Massachusetts, elsewhere in America and from around the world. Like many other local eateries, Marshside is dependent on our guest workers to help provide maximum hospitality in our high season, he told me. Let's hope we let them return for the high season next year.
Hope to see you here next time I get to visit. And that we both get to eat some crisps.
A final afterthought. They have free valet parking at Marshside and there are a few questionable spots across the street on the side of the road that always seem to be filled by the time I get there. I always wonder how much to tip the valets for keeping my car safe here on the edge of a great marsh. I would like to propose a rule of thumb: If we drive a vehicle that costs more than $50,000, we should give $5; $3 if between $30,000 and $50,000. If we are driving a clunker, we should hand over a buck or two in exchange for getting our keys back. I would call this the “One-percent of one-percent valet gratuity rule”. What do you think?

Reviewed 7 September 2017

I'll keep this brief. The food at Marshside is pretty good, but the noise level is intolerable, and even worse, an incredibly rude waiter made our visit unforgettable, and not in a good way. We will never go back.

2  Thank Sundancekid330
Reviewed 6 September 2017

In our party there were four adults, and two small children. We arrived at the beginning of the busy supper time. The staff was fast and courteous. The food was good.
We all had a nice time.

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Terrible thunderstorm and we saw this restaurant and decided to come in out of the rain. What a pleasant surprise! Good fried oysters, french fries, baked scrod.