“Quick lunch for oysters and beer”
Review of The Oysterman

The Oysterman
Ranked #7 of 26 Restaurants in Duxbury
Reviewed 16 December 2017 via mobile

Got a plate of local oysters and seafood chowder. Great bartenders with a good mixdrinks and lots of local beers. The food was delish and the staff was perfict. A+++

Date of visit: December 2017

Reviewed 7 December 2017

We so wanted to like the Oysterman- to have a new place to go on the South Shore. The restaurant is attractive looking, and the menu seems mainstream but promising. Individually, things that went wrong weren't a huge deal, but by the end of the meal, reflecting on the whole of the experience, we decided it's very unlikely we'd be back except maybe in the summer for a beer outside (when i am sure the bar is hopping). The food was disappointing-- my salmon was overcooked, the rice cake was good only in a fried fast food way, and the balsamic drizzle could have come out of a Sysco vat. My husband's fish tacos were tasty on the first try but overwhelmed by the pickled slaw. Also, normally I wouldn't care but the wine was served too chilled, as were the oysters, so that you couldn't taste any flavor. Finally, our waitress, although friendly, seemed unfamiliar with the menu and wine list. Too bad, it's a good looking place but misses the mark.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 11 November 2017

Atmosphere is very noisy and the food is not so good. I won't go back even though the location is very convenient for me.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 9 November 2017

This restaurant always has a lively crowd when we go. Some excellent fresh shellfish and a menu that ranges from seafood to pasta.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 22 October 2017

This was our second trip for dinner and it was every bit as good as the first. This is a small restaurant that doesn't accept reservations so be prepared to have a beer from a their extensive list, wine or a cocktail while waiting for a table. My wife and I shared the beet salad, crab cake appetizer and swordfish entrée. The crab cakes were some of the best north of the Carolinas. The entree was amply sized and well prepared. I second a comment made in another review that I'd like to see more seafood entrée options since they clearly know how to select and prepare seafood.

Date of visit: October 2017

Been to The Oysterman? Share your experiences!