“OK for a seasonal resturant”
Review of Blakeman’s

Blakeman’s
Ranked #21 of 26 Restaurants in Duxbury
Reviewed 10 July 2017

Went here for a family dinner of 10 people, had reservations. Our orders were taken quickly, but the service was very slow, it took a full hour to get our meals. The waitress came over once to apologize saying there were several large groups at once. I'm not happy when someone makes their problem my problem. The food was the usual fried fare you'd expect in a beach side restaurant and I thought a bit on the expensive side. I'd maybe go back here earlier in the day when it is less crowded. The beach here is well worth the trip.

Reviewed 29 May 2017

We were so excited to hear Blakeman's opened for summer , we changed it being a holiday weekend to make the trip to Duxbury to go to one of our favorite places for lobster rolls ! I have to say what a difference from previous years .there was barely any lobster in the roll which was hardly toasted ? What lobster we did have were small bits of lobster almost mashed not the huge chucks in the past that made it great & worth the drive. .They also appeared to change the French fries they were just regular fries you get any place . Not the ones of passed years . Of course the price went up to $2400 like many places ,but where is the lobster ???
Please bring back the great lobster rolls & fries you are known for . Haven't crossed you off my list yet .Will give you once more try to get it right

Reviewed 8 September 2016 via mobile

I had eaten at this restaurant several years ago and did not have a good experience, but decided to give it another chance and we were happy we did. The menu has been expanded and the prices were reasonable. We started our meal by sharing the mussels. The mussels had been cooked with lemon, garlic and tomato and were devine. We could not resist dipping our grilled bread into the broth. Our waitress told us that one clam basket would be plenty for the two of us and indeed it was. The clam were on the small size, but were yummy and not greasy or heavily battered. The restaurant is located on the backside of the beach changing rooms and many beach goers probably do not even know it was there. We ate on the early side, since we came directly from the beach. When we left the restaurant the lines were out the door. We will definitely return to this restaurant next summer after a day at the beach. The restaurant the I learned does take reservation. Check the website site for hours open and the days that dinner is served.

Been to Blakeman’s? Share your experiences!