All reviews outdoor pool living room cape cod adirondack chairs hot tub ocean view presidential suite fire pit private beach towel exchange off season full size fridge comfortable accommodations nantucket sound hot plate laundry room second floor
Reviewed 19 March 2017

Had a large room overlooking the water, balcony from LR, BR, fireplace, small kitchen, bar, all the extras, two baths. Small problem with furnace, but corrected, other than weather, great place.Had large wind storm for two days, but no problems.Would like to come back in summer.Close to most things, you want.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
BluegreenCares, Manager at Bluegreen Vacations The Soundings, Ascend Resort Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2017

Hello ljflick,

Thank you for staying with us at The Soundings! We are delighted you enjoyed our location. We are also pleased the issue with the furnace was addressed. We appreciate your feedback. We hope you will join us again soon!

Reviewed 9 March 2017

I was given the wrong directions at check-in to get to the room. As another reviewer mentioned, there are multiple buildings on this property, and no assistance was offered to help with luggage (I was traveling alone with my two young kids).

I followed her directions and went left outside the lobby, but the building was not labeled at all and I wandered around aimlessly on multiple floors before going back to lobby to get a dolly.

I asked again where my room was located, and the woman told me it's to the right outside lobby. I told her that I was told to go to the left by her, and she was not apologetic. She just repeated go to the right and looked at me like I was bothering her (my kids confirmed she originally told us to go left), instead of at least pretending to be apologetic about the confusion.

I was not offered assistance, I was told later that they do so when asked in off season, for reference.

Also, after check out I left a bag in the room. I was told housekeeping could not locate it, even though I called the same day, a couple hours after check out.

I assume that the level of service goes down in the off season.

The room itself was much bigger and nicer than most cape hotels, although the fixtures in the bathroom looked like they were coming apart. The location is nice with it's own private little beach. Very nice sunsets and sunrises!

If the service was much better (and my bag hadn't mysteriously disappeared...), I would give this hotel a much better review.

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
BluegreenCares, Manager at Bluegreen Vacations The Soundings, Ascend Resort Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2017

Hello AdBloke,

Thank you for your feedback of The Soundings. We regret to learn that your stay was anything less than positive. We appreciate your honesty. We would love the opportunity to learn more about your experiences. Please contact us at info@bluegreenvacations.com and reference your TripAdvisor User Name and review subject line. Thank you!

Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

Our room offered a water view and the echo of the tides. The balcony had chairs and was comfortable despite the wind. Courteous service. Easy access to local restaurants and shops and even church. We are looking to book a family reunion.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Stephen A
BluegreenCares, Manager at Bluegreen Vacations The Soundings, Ascend Resort Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2017

Hello Stephen A.,

Thank you for staying with us at The Soundings! We are so glad you enjoyed the view! We are also please the staff was courteous during your stay. We appreciate your compliments and we hope you will join us again soon!

Reviewed 14 February 2017

This was a great location to show someone new to the Cape around. The amenities were more then comfortable...the fire place being a huge plus. Next time we need to get an ocean view room though to complete the whole Cape Cod experience.

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
BluegreenCares, Manager at Bluegreen Vacations The Soundings, Ascend Resort Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2017

Hello Jess B.,

Thank you for staying with us at The Soundings! We are so glad you enjoyed our location. We are also delighted you found your unit to be very comfortable. We appreciate your feedback. We hope you will join us again soon!

Reviewed 31 January 2017

I stayed at this location a week ago. The front desk staff was terrific and very welcoming. I thought it was a nice place overall. It was clean and modern. I did hear a lot of noise late at night from somewhere in the dwelling. Anyhow, the property is nestled in the middle of a cute neighborhood. Loved the look of the courtyard from my sliding glass window for Summer grilling. I would consider staying here again but maybe not.

Room tip: Closer to the water the better.
Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
BluegreenCares, Manager at Bluegreen Vacations The Soundings, Ascend Resort Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2017

Hello johnnyjammer,

Thank you for staying with us at The Soundings! We are delighted the staff was terrific and welcoming! We are also glad you found our accomodations to be clean and modern. We appreciate your feedback and we sincerely hope you will consider staying with us again!