All reviews indoor pool hot tub cape cod next year toaster oven private beach family vacation stainless steel appliances full size appliances across the street sitting area two queen beds lounge chairs beach toys full kitchen second floor up to date
Reviewed 30 August 2018

We spent four days at the Corsair with family to celebrate my birthday. We booked two rooms (two adults and two kids in one; two adults and one child in the other) just a few doors away from each other. It worked out really well.
We arrived early but the people at the front desk were extremely accommodating. We checked in, got our parking permits, walked up the street for lunch, and got the call that our rooms were ready while we were still eating.
Our rooms were spacious with two queen beds, nightstand with clock and phone; dresser with flat screen TV and a few books for reading; a sitting area with couch, table and chairs; balcony (with Adirondack chairs and small table); a kitchenette with full size refrigerator, stove, sink, coffee pot, toaster oven, and cabinets filled with kitchenware; and bathroom. Everything was clean and functional.
We were just a few steps from the pool and the beach. Unfortunately, the weather did not co-operate and, during our entire stay, we never saw the sun nor temps above 70. We picked the only cold, rainy days of the entire summer! LOL Despite the weather, we really enjoyed the area and the Corsair.
We hope to go back again some day.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

My family and I stayed at the Corsair and it was amazing! Our room had 2 queens and a pull out couch. It also had a little but, very functional kitchen and a great bathroom. The pool was right outside of our room and the beach was just a couple of steps away. The kitchen had a full oven/stove and a full sized refrigerator. The only thing that bothered me slightly about the kitchen was that there was barely any counter space. Everything else about the Corsair was amazing and it was a great place to spend my vacation with my family.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
corsair41ChaseAve, Owner at Corsair and Cross Rip Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

Hi Sarah,
Thank you for staying with us and all the nice things you said. The staff and I appreciate it. It's what keeps us going in the busy summer months! Thank you also for the constructive comment on the kitchen counter top space. Funny but the first time someone said anything about this was just a couple of weeks ago after we have had them in place for a decade. Unfortunately the 3 foot counter space was about all we could eek out between the full size fridge and full size stove without taking up valuable living space. The hotel rooms are good size but they don't have the space a condo would have for a kitchen. Hopefully the convenience of having it outweighs the inconvenience of it's size.
Thank you again for choosing to spend your valuable vacation time with us. Hope to see you all back soon. Best, Mark (Downey)

Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

We had a terrific stay at the Commodore House! 4 adults and 3 kids and we had plenty of space. The staff of the place is top notch! We ran out of propane one night in the middle of grilling dinner and in literally less than a minute were brought a new tank. The house was very clean. The beach is raked every morning. The staff at the Deep End Cafe were excellent and super sweet to our little ones. Highly recommended as a fun, family destination.

Reviewed 19 August 2018

We travelled with two kids (7, 10) and two adults. It was our first time in Cape Cod and we had an amazing trip!

1. Location was great. We were mostly interested in things to do in the Outer Cape so it was great for the drive to Ptown, Eastham etc.

2. On the beach. My kids LOVED this. One day the beach and water had a tonne of seaweed, but the other days it was clean. The sand was course and you can't walk for miles, but it was great to have access to a beach during our stay.

3. Pools. Didn't really use. The Crossrip pool was heated, Corsair pool was frigid!

4. Bar area. The main bartender was great. Lots of personality, fun and very engaging. There were a few other guys there who were very efficient, but they knew nothing about the area.

5. Front desk staff. Everyone we encountered was very helpful, kind and I really appreciated being able to check in an hour early.

6. The room. Here is where we slip into "meh". I am pretty sure when I booked I was told we were in the Corsair part with a balcony and a sitting area. The Crossrip room seemed dated. The kitchen was small and not very practical if you are actually planning on cooking all meals. I used it to make breakfasts and that was fine. The fridge was very hard to close. The kitchen area really needs papertowel. There is a dishrack, but no counter space to actually use it. Toaster oven, but again, not enough counter space to put it. If you're looking to cook a full meal....good luck, but for our purpose it worked.

7. Beds were very comfy. AC worked very well. Bathroom clean and functional.

8. Games Room. This actually located across the street which is easy enough to cross. However, the room was a sauna. It was so hot that it was uncomfortable to sit in. I checked the ac and it looked like someone had set it to "heat" and blowing on "high". I'm not sure if its always that hot, but it was awful.

Overall, the good outweighs the "meh". Would I stay again? Not entirely sure.

Room Tip: 2nd floor to not hear people above you.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank melanykitty
corsair41ChaseAve, Owner at Corsair and Cross Rip Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2018

Hi Melany,
Thank you for candid comments on your recent stay AND your overall good rating of staff, your room and facilities. It's appreciated. I have taken note of your comments on the kitchen counter and the a/c in the game room. Although we have full size appliances in the kitchens you are correct that the counter space is pretty limited. I guess that would be the difference between a condo (motel) and us. We try to be informative with our offerings by providing pictures of the kitchenettes on our website. We also confirm the type of accommodations after you book and a week or so before arrival in emails. Still, I know how sometimes it's just not what you thought it would be.
The game room a/c controls are available for our guests to adjust. That might change now that you brought it to light. Thank you again for your comments and bringing these things to my attention. I do hope you will come back knowing what you know about the kitchen counter sizes in our rooms. (We do have houses you can rent with large kitchens and plenty of counter space if that is your preference.) Thank you for staying with us. May all your vacations meet your expectations and then some. Best, Mark (Downey)

Reviewed 18 August 2018

We just returned from our vacation at the Corsair. It has been a couple of years since our last visit and the upgrades to the rooms were very nice-the efficiency kitchen now has full-size appliances and the bathrooms were upgraded as well. The beds are very comfortable and the rooms are very clean. There are shared amenities between the resorts so you have your choice of two outdoor pools, two outdoor jacuzzis, an indoor pool with an area above where you can play ping pong, air hockey and foosball. A great area to hang out when the weather isn't great! This area also has popcorn they make which my boys loved! The resort as a whole is kept very clean. One of the best aspects of your visit is the staff. They are very helpful and personable, and eager to attend to your needs. Thank you Mark, Sapphire, Jeff and Jennifer, to name a few! We have been going to the Corsair for years and can't recommend this place enough!

1  Thank Fjmaperry