“A New Experience at Scargo Cafe”
Review of Scargo Cafe

Scargo Cafe
Ranked #9 of 104 Restaurants in Dennis
Price range: US$12 - US$32
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A traditional, Tavern and Restaurant with wood paneled walls, open fireplaces and an outdoor covered deck for al Fresco dining during summer. The fare includes guest favorites such as roasted rack of New Zealand lamb, and seafood strudel (a seafood blend baked in pastry) with Newburg sauce. Lots of fresh local seafood and oysters. Many more seafood entrees, sandwiches, burgers, steaks, chicken, pasta selections, and their truly famous version of Grapenut Custard.
Reviewed 25 April 2018

Had another great lunch with my favorite co-diner at Scargo Cafe on Route 6A in Dennis on Cape Cod on the next to last Tuesday in April. First time in a long time that I was confronted with a twenty-minute wait. Guess the offseason is getting turned off and the on season is approaching. No trouble finding a parking spot, though. Eaters must've carpooled as we did,

Took a couple of seats at Kelly 's bar at the far corner, almost at the end. Unlike so many other bars, Scargo does not crowd the bar with stools almost touching. Thank you, Scargo.
Verbal special was quiche; but, we defaulted to our regular favs: lamb for them and Asian stir fry with shrimp and scallops for this Trip Adviser. Got double veggies instead of noodles to reduce carb loading. Veggies were particular GREAT at this GREAT meal: they were cut large, piled high, highly nutritious, extremely delicious. Generous supply of seafood was also superlatively tasty, as confirmed by co-diner who traded a small morsel of their lamb for one of my smaller scallops. They don't do shrimp, so the rest of my seafood was safe.
Bar Mistress and our food server, Kelly, did an excellent job upgrading our visit from just a great meal to a great experience. For instance, her offer of bread was a winner as Scargo's delivers warm mini-loafs that are to die for and the pat of chilled real butter on a plate is unique in this area and perhaps on the Cape. I could come here for just bread and water and be happy to pay for it.
It was an amazing experience watching Kelly work the other customers at this busy time, treating each of us as though we were the only people in the world when addressing us. All while keeping all the rest of us happy in between with her excellent service. She told me she gets beeped when our food is ready. I thought she had ESP! Thank you, Miss Kelly.
I had enough veggies to take half of them home, which I had for breakfast the next day. After re-heating them that morning, I realized there was more than I should eat to start the day. So I saved half of the half for the next day. Obviously, I'd ordered a meal that kept on giving. Lucky me.
There's a mini-survey on the bottom of the checks that ask you to certify that you realize that Scargo cares about its customers. Of course, we do. I only wish I had written in that this customer cares about Scargo, a favorite place to eat in Dennis, on Cape Cod and in the world. Live long and prosper, Scargo!

1  Thank Robert J S

Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

We’ve been coming here for years. It’s a 20-25 minute drive for us, but always worth the effort.

The owners are unsurpassed in their marketing outreach. Even the internet log-in facilitates subsequent visit promotions.

I had an old favorite - Filet Arabica Duo, seared filet mignon, dusted with coffee and hazelnut, plated over potato pancakes, topped with spinach and mushrooms. Yum!

I paired it with their Black Manhattan (needed more Averna; would have been better with orange or black walnut butters, and real cherries like Luxardo). But nice, never-the-less.

To finish off the meal, I had the flourless chocolate torte. Rather than being a dense brick, this was lighter than most, and complemented with a nice raspberry whipped cream.

Don’t miss out on Scargo’s; make a reservation! The Tavern side is nice as well... we actually prefer it.

1  Thank HyannisSteve
Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

On a recent trip from CT to Cape Cod we stumbled upon Scargo based on TripAdvisor and weren’t disappointed! The drinks were great and good value, the food was incredible! I had the shrimp and scallop stir fry which was amazing! The boneless ribs are recommended by my sister and the steak by my husband! The flourless torte desert was amazing! Sarah was our server and she was great too!!

2  Thank Benjamin L
Reviewed 3 April 2018

My young adult daughter and I ate at Scargo during a last minute overnight getaway (off-peak season). We ate lunch and found the food to be very delicious. Service was attentive as well. Atmosphere is pleasant but nothing extra special. We would definitely return.

1  Thank HonestMa
Reviewed 25 March 2018

We like this restaurant for an evening before or after a movie, the service is good and the food is tasty. Very nice menu choices offering old favorites or something new. Can be very crowded and a long wait, especially in summer.

1  Thank Camie F