“Go underground for yummy goodies”

The Underground Bakery
Ranked #3 of 4 Bakeries in Dennis
Reviewed 24 August 2017

I love this little underground venue. I stop to get boxes of cookies or other lovely goodies for gifts or parties. Some of the best biscotti and cookies you will ever find, but they also have pre cooked meals and soups in their fridge daily. Always some regulars hanging out at the cute cafe tables and great service from the lovely owners and staff

Date of visit: June 2017

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

This cute little bakery had a plethora of vegan options! I ordered the tofu scramble wrap which contained tofu, black beans, rice, baby spinach, broccoli, and vegan cheese. It was sooo tasty and flavorful! I also got a vegan blueberry muffin to go which looks amazing. I ordered their cold brew with caramel syrup and almond milk, it was tasty as well. Their other vegan options included a falafel burger, Mac n cheese, hummus & veggie wrap, other vegan baked goods, ramen, veggie soup, philly "cheesesteak", and grilled cheese.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 11 August 2017

Great place to get your morning coffee and a fresh baked goodie to start your day. We were in the Cape for a week and visited this place everyday!

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 1 August 2017

I went to Underground years ago with a friend from high school who lived in Dennis. I remember loving it. Now, I'm a barista and a coffee shop snob and stopped at Underground as part of a "cafe crawl" down cape. I tend to order a cold brew or iced latte at every place.

The outside is cute, in a cute plaza, and I had high hopes until I walked in the door. No one at the front counter, dim lighting, and an overall layer of filth. It's a coffee shop in a basement and you can tell.

I didn't mind the wait for service, as I wanted to read the menu, and I understand that staffing is limited. Besides the girl was VERY nice when she did appear with a sandwich for another customer (do the baristas make the sandwiches too?). I was with my boyfriend, and I order my iced non-fat mocha first and she immediately makes it. She did not grind the shots to order which is definitely not producing high quality espresso. She then puts in ice from a cooler. A literal beach cooler. She then shakes the water from the ice in my cup out using her bare hands as a strainer. That is NOT up to health standards. She gets the whole drink ready and pours the shots on top of the milk- also not standard latte procedure. She then hands me my drink and takes my boyfriends order. It's a mocha. She could have saved time by getting the whole order and making both drinks at the same time.

The mocha sauce sucked (couldn't see the brand, but it was bitter and not chocolaty), the shots were bitter as anything, and the drink SUCKED. Also I don't know their amounts but my boyfriends drink tasted like a big cup of steamed milk to me.

Pastries looked good, but I wouldn't eat anything out of that ktichen. It did not look too clean. This is not a high quality coffee shop in the least and I was extremely dissapointed. It ranks far below Nirvana, Coffee O, Starbucks, Pie in the Sky, and the Snowy Owl.

Date of visit: July 2017
1  Thank Elizabeth L
Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

In my continuing search for vegan options for my teen daughter I discovered this place while on the Cape over 4th of July. They do vegan mac & cheese, and made up a fresh batch for me even tho I arrived about 15 minutes before closing. She said it was a tad on the spicy side, but she enjoyed it. Also got her a vegan muffin for breakfast. So while I can't speak for the rest of the menu, I give Underground Bakery a four for service and vegan options in an area where they are few and far between.

Date of visit: June 2017