See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 October 2018 via mobile

We booked here because of the price and it was within a half hour of the airport for departure from New England. We left early in the morning so traffic was not a problem. The check-in staff were friendly. The hotel seemed clean and the bed was comfortable. However, the TV was extremely slow to change stations. The bathroom was very small, the water pressure was very weak which made bathing and cleaning up difficult, and the smell from the sink was gagging. I had to cover the hole in the sink to stop the oder in order to brush my teeth. The outlets for charging our devices were few and inconvenient. They had one multi outlet on one side of the bed. This hotel made me disappointed in Holiday Inn.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Stefanie K, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Boston-Dedham Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear ada11s,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. We certainly are in great proximity to the airport, glad to know you didn't experience any traffic! I am so sorry to know that the bathroom was not up to standard - I've escalated this on to our Engineering team to investigate the smell...that is very odd. I do also apologize that the room was lacking outlets - we've recently added additional outlets, so this too, will be investigated by our team. Please feel free to contact me if you have any additional comments!

Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

We stayed here and while the staff was nice the corridors and common areas were horrible shape. The room was ok, but we had to run out for febreeze to deal with the strong odors. Also, very odd access.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
skarasinski, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Boston-Dedham Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2018

Dear tally11111,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. I'm happy to know our staff was nice, but am so sorry to know the product didn't impress. Our housekeeping and maintenance teams are working around the clock in all areas of the hotel for upkeep and odor maintenance. If you'd be so kind and contact me directly, I'm curious to learn more about the odors you experienced. Thank you again!

Reviewed 10 October 2018

Old outdated hotel. Group of 40 older people visiting the sights of Boston stayed 2 nights at this hotel. My wife and I were put on the 3rd. floor with a group of teenage soccer players. Wouldn't you think management would keep the 2 groups apart. Nope, they were noisy and inconsiderate of other guests. Did not get much sleep those 2 nights. The room was outdated, bathroom was very small and laid out poorly. Needed a pair of binoculars to see the flat screen TV. The channels were very strange, had decimals after the numbers. Weird. The lighting was horrible. They must have had only 40 watt bulbs available. Could barely read the television guide. The air conditioner worked well. The bed and pillows were very good. No mini-frig or microwave in the room. The breakfast was really bad. The eggs were watery, no pastries or fruit available. Nasty! The staff were above average. This hotel needs new management. Would not recommend this hotel. Stay at your on risk.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Bruce B,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. I appreciate your detailed, and most importantly honest, feedback. It's comments like these that will really help us improve the service and product. We recently upgraded our pillows and mattresses so I am happy to know you enjoyed them! I've sent your suggestions/comments on to our department heads and hopefully you'll give us another try should you find yourself in the Boston area again!

Reviewed 3 October 2018

Older property that shows....although there is renovation underway, i.e. restaurant.
My only challenge was the effectiveness of the wifi on the 7 floor. Worked like a system from a decade ago. Staff attempted to be responsive by rebooting the modem...all with no change. The GM offered discounts and loyalty points....which I appreciate, but I needed the connection. Had to work in the lobby where the system worked fine.

Room Tip: if you need wifi....question where it is the strongest before selecting a room.
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
skarasinski, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Boston-Dedham Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Dear javalover5050,

Thanks for taking the time to review the hotel. I am so sorry to know that you had trouble connecting to our complimentary Wi-Fi service. Earlier this year we added several additional access points so that connections could easily be made throughout the entire hotel; I am surprised to know the 7th floor had difficulty. I know that the GM has brought this to the attention of our IT guru! Please let me know if I can assist in any other way.

Reviewed 30 September 2018

Parts of this hotel are nicely renovated but overall it is very outdated, and some of the hallways feel more like a prison ward than a hotel. The staff were very friendly but there aren't enough of them; at the breakfast area, there were two people working who had to wait the tables, keep the buffet stocked, and process payments (with a computer that kept malfunctioning); they both had positive demeanors but seemed overworked. Worst of all were mice - I saw one in the restaurant and one in the hallways. The hotel was also unclean in sections - the elevator was really gross with a strong odor.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
skarasinski, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Boston-Dedham Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2018

Dear Jennifer C,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. Our staff are truly what shine and I'm so happy to know you received friendly service, even during their busiest times! I am so sorry to know that overall you didn't have a great experience - the computer issue has been fixed - and our housekeeping team has done a full sweep of the hallways and elevators. Again, I am so appreciative of your helpful comments and do hope you'll give us another try the next time you're in Dedham!