“Solid lunch ”
Review of Aquitaine Dedham

Aquitaine Dedham
Reserve with OpenTable
Aquitaine Dedham is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 94 Restaurants in Dedham
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Thank you for choosing Aquitaine as your dining destination, we look forward to your visit. Remember us when planning your holiday and end of year events. Aquitaine is available for LUNCH starting at $15/person and Dinner starting at $25/person (both prices exclude alcoholic beverages, tax and tip). We can accommodate both semi-private dining and private dining for groups of 10-150 people.
Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

We had a very good lunch here with family over the Christmas break. Great service, good food. My onion soup was excellent, the burgers were very good and the warm bread was delicious. Highly recommend this for lunch while shopping at Legacy Place.

Reviewed 1 December 2017 via mobile

My first time here in a highly rated place. Clearly expectations were high. Ordered tunafish sandwich and fries and pickle. The tunafish was with three times too much mayonnaise which of course made bread soggy. I should’ve sent it back. Didn’t taste fresh at all. The french fries were frozen and cooked so much that they were breadsticks. I did send those back. Frozen french fries sans breadsticks are still better than overcooked. The pickle never arrived. Needless to say I won’t be back.

Jeffrey G, Owner at Aquitaine Dedham, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2017

Thank you for dining with us Goldstn.
I am sorry you did not receive the same delicious meal so many others have.
I am very disappointed as well.
It is a shame when we receive dateless and timeless reviews. They do not afford us the ability to pinpoint the exact moment when this occurred so we may be sure the team members involved read your impressions and continue to develop their craft from your input.
We owe that to you.
We will of course share these comments with our entire team and double our efforts.
The tuna was a simple mistake that is easily avoided.
More painful is when our "daily hand-cut fries" are so poorly executed that a guest feels they are frozen. A very unflattering impression left with a guest from a 4500 square foot restaurant with a 6 square foot freezer.
Really not our best work.
You were more important to us than we demonstrated.
Consider responding to me directly so I may gather more details and show you the personal passion we failed to on your first visit.
Respectfully
Jeffrey Gates

Reviewed 23 November 2017

WE can't be in the area without dining here. The onion soup is great as are the escargot. Portions are generous. Drinks are well crafted. Friendly efficient service.

Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

The food was amazing. Lots of great choices but I ended up with the tagliatelle pasta. It was so good. It’s a quaint and cozy atmosphere and the staff was very friendly. We had a party of eight and our waitress was super friendly and told a lot of funny jokes. I highly recommend this restaurant if you are in the area!

Jeffrey G, Owner at Aquitaine Dedham, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

Thank you for the visit and the post dlw2335.
Wonderful to read that you enjoyed your tagliatelle.
Come back for the wild mushroom ravioli.
That dish is getting raves as well.
Regards!
Jeff Gates

Reviewed 31 October 2017

It was a quiet Monday night, so they weren’t slammed, but it was painfully slow and inept service. Beverages took 10-15 minutes to arrive (wine and a vodka tonic), the waitress forgot to order an appetizer. I had to go to the bar for a second glass of wine as our waitress disappeared for several minutes, and then had to wait a few minutes for the manager and bartender to stop talking and ask if they could help me, although they each made eye contact with me as I approached the bar and knew I was there. There were none of the little touches that make one feels welcome. We liked the food, but won’t go back

1  Thank philipladd
Jeffrey G, Owner at Aquitaine Dedham, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2017

Thank you for dining with us Philip.
Sorry to read our server was so un-interested in your experience and return.
I shared your impressions with our GM Olga.
We will look at our service roster from Monday night.
Most but not all of our service staff are top notch.
A few are a work in progress.
Hopefully with the information provided we will be able to identify the right team member, share your impressions, determine if they understand how important gracious effective service is and provide additional training and oversite.
I am inclined to walk into a situation like this knowing the team member and managers will be better from a wake up call like this.
Consider sharing your full name and address so I may send a gift certificate as an incentive to return and enjoy the better best experience you expected and deserve.
Respectfully