“hidden gem in Dartmouth”
Review of From the Seoul

From the Seoul
Ranked #15 of 102 Restaurants in Dartmouth
Cuisines: Korean
Reviewed 14 June 2015

We found ourselves in Dartmouth for some random reasons yesterday. I had been craving Korean food and my husband noticed this place as we were driving. We quickly looked up the reviews on TripAdvisor and decided we had to try it. Everything we had was excellent! We tried the kimchi pancakes, vegetable dumplings, chicken bulgogi and bibimbap. The only disappointment was that they were out of the spicy hot dog appetizer we had seen recommended in another review. Portions were generous and the food was all really tasty. If we are ever in the area again we would definitely return!

Reviewed 10 March 2015 via mobile

Dartmouth is overrun with chain restaurants, but From the Seoul is a pleasant surprise. It's tucked away in the corner of a business block and has limited signage. I've visited for lunch several times, and I've never been let down. The food is great and the prices are refreshingly low. Waitstaff is attentive but sometimes food can be on the slow side to arrive. Absolutely worth the wait though. I look forward to my regular lunches here.

Reviewed 21 December 2014

This is my third visit to this place. The first was a surprise for my sons 20th birthday since he loves different ethnic foods. I've had the Kalbi Ribs, Bimbimbap, and the Kimchee soup. I love them all. Had a dinner with four people and paid under $50. I prefer to share the Kimchee soup and have another option as my main course. The food is hot and fresh and always good.

1  Thank Trisha G
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Our first time in a Korean restaurant and what a treat ! My wife ordered "Chap Jae" - sweet potato noodles stir fried with spinach, mushrooms, onions, and chicken. I ordered "Pork Bokkeum", sliced pork sautéed in spicy sauce. We ordered tea. A few minutes alter a waitress brought five small dished to our tables, each containing something uniquely Korean; she explained these came standard with every meal.. One had kimchee, anther strings of marinated cucumber, another specially prepared spinach, another something that looked like strips of fish noodles, and one with sweet snow pea pods. The hot tea was made from toasted corn and something else; it sounds strange but we loved the flavor and found it very soothing.The entrees were served on hot metal plates mounted on a wood base, keeping them hoot throughout the meal and having the unexpected benefit if improving noodle texture during the meal. Entrees also include sticky rice. We were too full for dessert. The bill came to just $24 total for the two of us. Unbelievable!

The waitstaff was extremely patient in explaining the menu and also very attentive during meal service. It is fairly small - only 9 tables - but you can also eat at the bar.

This restaurant is a real treat! It's in a strip mall but don't be put off by the appearance. As these say, try it - you'll like it!

Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

I have been twice to this restaurant. Both times I ordered the chicken and rice noodle dish, it was excellent. Fresh pieces of chicken In between clear rice noodles. The flavor was incredible and it was brought out on a cast iron pan steaming hot! This place also serves alcohol and brings more then just free bread to your table. We were brought over about six small bowls/dishes of food all something different. I actually called over the waiter and told him we received someone else's food, he informed me that was put out free of charge for every table. Price is very ,very reasonable. Service is average to below average, hard to get anyone's attention. They are a small place and do not have many seats. Last time I went they were in the process of opening some bar space, which should help. Food is delicious and worth the time and money. See ya there!