“Dirty”

Motel 6 Boston North - Danvers
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Danvers
Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

My family and I stayed there for 1 night, because everyone else was full. We had a funeral to go to, so we boozed 2 rooms. Both rooms had hair in the bathrooms, hallways were dirty and smelled of marijuana, my grandson found a pill under the bed, the elevators were sketchy, pool was not available, no hair dryers in the bathrooms, lighting was terrible. Window lock was broken, not worth $85.00 a night.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 2 November 2017

First, I would like to point out that I have this as 1 star rating because there is not a zero option. This dump reserves no rating.
Please beware and do not stay here as there are safety concerns.
My girlfriends and I booked here to enjoy the town of Salem in October. It was last minute, so difficult to get a room. We drove from NJ and arrived late, 2am. It should have been a concern that on arrival, the police were there. We ignored that and entered the lobby where the RESIDENTS of the motel are doing the heroin lean against the walls and could barely keep their heads up. They were staring us down, I didn't know if they were going to rob us or kill us (seriously). We were greeted by a nasty woman at the front desk, who was less than helpful with our concerns and told us to speak with a manager at 7am. Being almost 230am, we went to the room. If you can handle the smell of cigarettes, pot, and drug paraphernalia on the hallway floor, this might be okay for you. We opened the door to our room and literally started crying. It was at this point, I wondered if this was part of the haunted experience. There was BLOOD stains on the bed, puddles of URINE on the floor, HAIR in the URINE, cigarette burns everywhere and clearly they never clean anything since the previous guests hair clips were scattered around the floor! We now had to kill a few hours and get the hell out. We sat up trying to find a hotel and finally found somewhere (Best Western Plus) for almost $700. I did not care, I would have paid $7,000 to get out. Well, now at 5am, someone pulled the fire alarm and caused evacuation of the hotel! We did not leave the room because it was obvious nothing was on fire as there were no fire truck, police etc. Instead, it was more likely that the DRUG ADDICTS RESIDING there pulled the alarm and planned to rob rooms. We made sure the dead bolt and chain lock were secured and waited for the chaos to end. Thirty minutes after the first fire alarm pull, they did it again!!! Now, at 7am when I walked to the desk to get my money back, I didn't have to say anything. The lady, this time very nice, immediately refunded me! I did feel bad for her as the line of people screaming at her was endless.Thank you to this woman for letting us out of this nightmare without any additional issues.
This experience has left me speechless. Motel 6 should be beyond ashamed of themselves. I understand that people reside in hotels/motels but to put unsuspecting people in that kind of an environment is reprehensible. I hope this review deters many people from considering this dump.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 November 2017

We planned on attending the events at Salem in October and needed accommodations. Booked through a travel site and rooms were offered at $170.00 a night. I booked for 2 nights. The motel does meet basic standards. Pros were flat screen wall displayed television, cable, small dining table with a built in the wall mini couch/chair, clean linens, ample parking and friendly staff. Cons were costs, a hard and out dated mattress on a wood frame, no dresser for clothing, no free wifi, no mini fridge or microwave in room, and the only ones available were down stairs.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2017

Our stay was $150 for one night, which is absolutely outrageous for what you get at this hotel. I really don't like to complain, but this was not a good experience for us. Upon check in, the woman at the front desk informed us we were placed in a smoking room - when I made the reservations, it was never asked if we preferred smoking or non-smoking and the man on the phone never told us we were going to have a smoking room either. I quickly told her absolutely not, I have asthma and cannot stay in a smoking room. Thankfully a room "just got canceled" that was not a smoking room, so that's what we got. The elevator had such a strong odor of smoke that you could barely breathe in it. Not exaggerating. We got up to our room, which yes was modern decor, which is why we decided to go here (and the location - close to Salem). The room was pretty clean overall, which was good. Until we flipped back the comforter on the bed and found a nose ring. I've also read that people live here, which is totally fine, however the people we passed on the way in were quite creepy and gave my boyfriend the longest stare down, it was not a friendly feeling. And lastly, during check out, the guy who checked us out (maybe late teens - low 20's) never asked how our stay was or anything. Just handed us our receipt and off we went. Again, I am not one to complain, so it took a lot for me to decide to write this review, but nobody should pay $150 for what we experienced.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

I had a few frustrating issues with their website before I even arrived but they worked themselves out because of the help of staff and customer service. I've never stayed in motel 6 and I hadn't heard alot of good things but it was a place to crash and for that, it was fine. Everyone's experiences are different but mine is this:
I know this brand of motels just went though an upgrade but I believe it missed some rooms as our security latch was broke, the air conditioner looks very warn, no coffee pots, no fridge, and paper thin walls. If you just need a quick place to stay, it's good. Like I said, everyone's experiences are different. Ours was good enough for us.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Danvers
0.6 km away
4.2 km away
Hampton Inn Boston/Peabody
0.4 km away
TownePlace Suites Boston North Shore/Danvers

Been to Motel 6 Boston North - Danvers? Share your experiences!