Open today: 13:00 - 16:45
Review Highlights
Free and interesting

Went to this museum and was pleasantly surprised. This is where all the currency for our country... read more

Reviewed 6 November 2018
ronk699
Ottawa, Ohio
via mobile
Very informative

Fellow giving talk on currency paper was very interesting. He later demonstrated how paper is made... read more

Reviewed 14 October 2018
carole b
Brick, New Jersey

All reviews paper making paper money paul revere short video note cards company makes piece of paper great fun sole learn how tv show on display great tour for sale dollar bill gift shop security measures
Reviewed 7 October 2018

My husband and I saw a flyer for this place at our hotel and figured it might be a good thing to do if it rains and lucky for us it did! We got a tour from an employee of over 30 years who gave us a very complete tour including history, currency printing and what is happening today all in the context of the area. It was really interesting and such a surprise!

Date of experience: October 2018
1  Thank ConnieLongBeach
Reviewed 4 October 2018

Learn all about the money making process. How they make it, how they ship the paper to the government, and the fascinating ways they beat the counterfeiters! The 50 and 100 dollar bills! Really good, and it’s free. Check for hours before visiting this beautiful area.

Date of experience: October 2018
Reviewed 3 October 2018

We were surprised to learn that all of our U.S. Currency, Passports and other countries currency paper is made here at the Crane Paper Company. We walked in during an art demonstration using shaving foam, acrylic paint and Crane paper. This was very enjoyable. The two retired docents were long time former employees who thoroughly enjoyed their jobs and now enjoy educating the public about our U.S. Currency security techniques to prevent counterfeit bills. They know it all and share personal anecdotes of their time at the company. Watch the video hosted by Cliff of 'Cheers' TV fame as he examines the process for making currency paper. The museum is quite small but explains the history of the Crane company, the people behind it, and how paper and stationary is made. Also it's FREE. Parking is adjacent to the museum. We weren't expecting much but came away impressed.

Reviewed 28 September 2018

We visited this museum yesterday. Not only are the exhibits of the paper making process well documented and interesting, but the staff of the museum is outstanding. They are incredibly generous with their knowledge of the company and industry over time, with a plethora of wonderful stories about the Crane family's stewardship and regard for its employees. It is rare to find a museum of this caliber covering the many disciplines brought together to make currency in the U.S, This is a must see!

1  Thank april1955
Reviewed 19 September 2018

As I have spent my working life in the print and paper trade I found the museum interesting- it consists of some information about the history of Cranes Paper, a short video and a brief demo of how paper is made.
Cranes make all of the paper for USA banknotes and have done for many years. Very interesting to hear of the security measures that go into banknotes these days.
Sadly, as a Brit, I mentioned that our notes are now polymer and not paper, and that this would inevitably happen in the States. Didn't go down to well - bit of denial going on I think.
I hope I'm wrong ( I don't like the polymer notes) but will be surprised if Cranes survive for more than 10-20 years - worth a look if you are in the area.