“Good place to stay when visiting Boston”

Wyndham Boston Chelsea
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Chelsea
Montreal, Canada
“Good place to stay when visiting Boston”
Reviewed 15 February 2012

Stayed 2 nights Feb.10 to Feb.12th, got very good price under 70$/nights
The evening staff at front desk could be more friendly ! she was not rude, no, just not friendly enough to our taste. Being the Hotel front line to all customers, we expect better welcome's...
Room was nice, clean, comfortable and very quiet as requested,Great !
Breakfast was very good but a bit expensive !
Free safe outside parking :-)
Shuttle to the Airport train station was very good, 15 min ride, best way to go to downtown
Check out was a breeze... all considered, we loved it !

Room Tip: Room facing parking are very quiet
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bennyboy50

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Arabic first
Sussex, New Jersey
Reviewed 14 February 2012

Overall the hotel was nice, clean and the rooms where great, but some of the staff SHOULD NOT be in the hospitality business. I am in the hospitality business as well. I booked a five onights stay to look for work in the Boston area and the price was right at this hotel. I arrived on a Friday night and traveled on buses 6 hours and just wanted to relaax and have a cocktail at the bar. I asked for a certain Martini and the bartender did not know how to make it so myself being a bartender walked the bartender through it and I did not see what she was doing because she was making my Martini below the bar which is a no no if you're a bartender. I got my Martini and it was very short and full of Vermouth, I ordered it in and out!! I was ok with it and accepted it. The bartender called the manager over (Julie) told her about the transaction, it turns out that she rang up house vodka instead of Kettle One, now mind you that the drink that was made wrong I accepted it.. Julie the manager changes the bill and adds on two more dollars.. Nice right!! Ok now two days later, after I had three meals there i went out to get some fruit and needed a fork. I asked Julie for a fork she tells me that she cant give me one because they get lost.. Then she tells me the real reason was because I am not eating her food!! That same day I went back to the bar, same bartender I ordered a house vodka tonic, she asks me whats tonic I told her that its Q on the soda gun.. I get the drink the tonic tasted like water.. I told her to check the sryup maybe it empty, she calls Julie, Julie comes over, checks the bag, checks the gun tells me there is nothing wrong with the tonic.. I never got a fresh drink!! If Julie new anything about the bar business she would have instructed the bartender to run the beer and soda lines before she makes anything.. Well after the bad Martini, the fork and the bad vodka tonic I just lost it.. Julie responded to me that I talk too much.. Hey Julie I am a bartender talking is how we make money!! I can not believe that this woman is the F&B manager of a world known hotel chain.. After all of this I went up to my room called the front desk and asked for the general managers name and the response was, WHY DO I WANT TO TALK TO HIM!! clearly she can see its coming from one of the rooms.. The response should have been sure sir his name is Rick and I will have him call you... I am not blaming the bartender she was great i enjoyed talking with her and helping her, giving her tips etc etc.. She was never trained the falls on the shoulders of her boss Julie..

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank DavidC58_12
Hamilton Parish, Bermuda
Reviewed 13 February 2012

After this experience, we will certainly never stay at a Wyndham Hotel again. We booked the hotel from the airport after being stranded at Boston Logan Airport. They told us that a courtesy shuttle would be there to pick us up in 5-10 minutes. It was already late and the shuttle didn't arrive, so we called 2 more times and were given the information that the driver was already on his way and should be there any minute. Finally, it turned out that the shuttle had not been dispatched until 40 minutes later when there was an airplane crew to be picked up at a different terminal as well. When we complained about the long wait the answer was that this was a "courtesy" service and we had no right complaining at all. It therefore took us an hour to get from the airport to the hotel 3 miles away. It would not have been an issue to take a taxi had we known that the shuttle wasn't coming.

When we had gone to bed, the airconditioning started making very loud noises about every 20 minutes. When we called the reception about it, they basically told us that was not possible and that we were imagining things. After this had been going on for more than 2 hours (that was at about 2am...), we called again which led the person at the reception to telling us, we should "stop giving him a hard time".

After a night of basically no sleep we requested to at least get a reduced rate for the room. The employee at the desk told us that their normal rates were much higher and that we had already got a reduced rate (which was the rate for which we had rented the room in the first place - so there was no reduction at all!) - he said they couldn't reduce it any further because they had to pay commission to the airport operator who had sold us the room.

The experience was extremely unpleasant from the beginning to the end. Several of the employees lied to us and were extremely unfriendly. It would have been cheaper and less annoying to just spend the night at the airport...

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Daniela664

Travellers are raving about these Chelsea hotels

Reviewed 18 January 2012

We stayed here for a few nights. We had our own car & did not have any problems in the parking lot. We never felt unsafe in the area. We ordered for room service from the restaurants menu and it was mediocre. So we decided to google & look for other places to eat in the area. Which there are several restaurant within a mile. we did venture out to a nearby restaurant down the street, Fusion Foods-Vietnamese & Thai. This place is a gem. Its a very charming, modern restaurant. 5 min to Logan Airport, 10 min to Boston/Cambridge. 30 seconds from highway. Highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2011
SFHChelsea, Manager at Wyndham Boston Chelsea, responded to this review, 11 May 2012
Thank you for staying at the Wyndham Boston Chelsea.
We do have some unique restaurants in the area and Im glad
you enjoyed your visit to one of them.

Hope to see you back soon!!
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 16 January 2012

This place was perfect for our stay! Big comfy bed, large bathroom and clean room. It is true that if you do not have a car it is very difficult to move around, but the hotel offers a shuttle that will take you almost anywhere you need to go. I usually asked them to take us to the nearest metro station and it worked perfectly for us.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jossie R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chelsea
East Boston / Logan Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Boston Logan Airport
East Boston / Logan Airport
Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor

Been to Wyndham Boston Chelsea? Share your experiences!