Hawthorne Motel(Chatham)(Great Value!)
US$335
Captain's House Inn(Chatham)(Great Value!)
US$384
The Chatham Motel(Chatham)(Great Value!)
US$203
Surfside Inn(Chatham)(Great Value!)
US$192
US$165
Hotels.com
Pleasant Bay Village(Chatham)(Great Value!)
US$624
Chatham Gables Inn(Chatham)
US$389
Chatham Inn At 359 Main(Chatham)(Great Value!)
US$471
Official Site
US$740
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$877/night.

Handkerchief Shoals Inn(South Harwich)(Great Value!)
US$177
1,950 results
All reviewschatham barssacred codspa suitecottage roomclambakethe cottagesthe main dining roomthe main hoteloff seasonbeach house grillcape codlobsterbeautiful resortcar serviceocean viewsteam showeroverlooking the water
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

From the minute you arrive, be prepared to be spoiled. Every staff member is highly trained to make you feel like a queen (or king). We stayed in a cottage room facing the water and had a lovely room! The bed was so comfortable we didn't even mind sleeping in on a rainy day. We ate at 2 different restaurants and both were superb. Be sure to take the water shuttle over to the North Island for a "secluded island experience ".

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
cbiresort, Manager at Chatham Bars Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Dear Gayle B,

Thank you for your fantastic comments on your stay. We pride ourselves on our service and are thrilled when comments like "superior service" are shared with us!

Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to seeing you again soon!

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 8 September 2017

My husband and I stayed in a lovely roomy cottage facing the ocean with a fireplace and kitchenette. Our room had a king bed with a divine mattress. The building had 4 units but our 2nd floor room was very quiet and peaceful. I prefer the cottage vs. staying in the main Inn...far more private. My husband loved watching the fishermen coming and going from our balcony and we also went down to see the the entire process along with other tourists. Rather than facing the golf course...this view added to the experience of our stay. Housekeeping was superb/attentive and our room was spotless. The staff was very professional and accommodating.
Our teenage children ( 3 plus a friend) stayed in a separate cottage facing the golf course. They couldn't have been happier!!!
I made advance reservations at the tavern restaurant ( definitely recommend during high season) so when we arrived we immediately were seated. The food and service was excellent.. In addition we enjoyed breakfast each day with either a choice of the extensive buffet or a la carte. My kids walked to town for breakfast as it was much less expensive.
As far as the pool....yes I didn't know at first that a reservation was required...my kids were there early so acquiring a seat was never an issue. What I found disturbing however was that parents with babies and toddlers insisted on using the main pool ( there is a kiddie pool) and 2 times the pool was evacuated and closed early due to sanitary and health issues with babies using the main pool. This was outrageous and selfish on behalf of these parents however no one from the resort monitored the situation. I found this very unfair to the other guests particularly with older children using the pool. No babies/ toddlers should be allowed to use the main pool ...period!
The beach is beautiful and equipped with cabanas and lounge chairs. We never had an issue with seating availability but it is first come first serve. You can make a reservation for a cabana for approx $250. Again the staff was very friendly and accommodating. My teens loved the kayaking and watching the seals.
Overall we had a fabulous time and the hotel is top notch. We stayed in August and the facility was totally booked. Yes ...the prices are over the top but I loved every minute of our stay and we will be back again next year. I am a seasoned world traveler so one needs to manage their expectations particularly during the busiest times of the summer season. In addition the property is gorgeous and exquisitely maintained...stunning flowers and gardens.

Room Tip: We loved the cottage facing the ocean...divine!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Dear eoc109,

Thank you for your positive and constructive review of Chatham Bars Inn. I am so glad to hear you enjoyed the view of the Chatham Fish Pier! It is also great to hear how much you enjoyed your experience at the Sacred Cod. I will certainly use your feedback on children and toddlers at the pool and work to improve this situation.

Thank you for sharing how wonderful your stay was and we look forward to seeing you again next year!

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

The view was great, even on a cloudy afternoon. Delicious lobster roll but very pricey ($32.00!!!). Not sure a medium sized serving of lobster salad is worth that price but I guess we were paying for the view as well. Busy, very loud place. Many staff all appearing busy. Good service. Good food.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends

Dear C H,

Thank you for your great review of lunch at the Beach House! I am happy to hear you enjoyed your lunch and the view!

I hope you are able to join us again soon.

Warn Regards,

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Positives first - beautiful setting. I'm still trying to figure out the leading hotel rating.
Arrive for noon check in which normally happens only to find out Room is not ready - finally after 6pm we were able to get into room. We kept being told 3 pm then 4 pm than 5 - when we expressed our disappointment is when an upgrade became available. As a LH member and an Amex P cardholder you get early check in and upgrade. We were told by front desk they are sold out only to be told by another associate they have been rather slow all summer and have vacancies. As I said still trying to figure out the leading hotel rating. we headed to the beach restaurant to have lunch - as we walked past the outdoor seating I spotted open tables - went to hostess desk and requested a table only to be told nothing available. I pointed to the open tables - I was to,d not available She sat us on the sand - I then asked her if hotel guests were given first option and she replied yes - my reply - "we are hotel guests, but you never asked us". She then said let me see what I can go to get you a table on the deck. I said that's ok my shoes are full of sand now - I would not want to bring that onto the decK. If you are going to charge premium prices for food and beverages, and hotel stay and, say you are a leading hotel - in my opinion need to have excellent service. Our room was not cleaned u til late in the afternoon everyday. the restaurant on the porch is a beautiful setting but again always told no availability without asking if we were hotel guests.
Thought the food was average, loved the tennis. Thought it was very pricey and did not get a single feeling if it being a leading hotel except for the magnificent setting.

Room Tip: Higher floors are best
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LindasList123
cbiresort, Resort Manager at Chatham Bars Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Good Evening K7818SKlinda,

I appreciate the feedback on your stay with us and I apologize for the miscommunication you experienced around the delay on your room and in our restaurant service. I am happy to see that we were able to provide an upgrade as we do value both affiliations you mentioned. If I may be of service to you in the future please do not hesitate to reach out to me.

Regards,

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Pretends to be a 5 star resort but is only the standard of max 4 Star. For European Standards a good 3 star resort.
Caters the short trip visitors from Boston area. No holiday resort for longer stays.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Good Evening thomasfU9207PX,

I am sorry to learn that your stay at our resort was not aligned with the high standards and experiences we are typically known for. I am available for further discussion in detail and can be reached at radams@chathambarsinn.com. I am grateful for the feedback.

Regards,