“Tasty Mussels in Coconut Curry”
Review of The Blue Coral

The Blue Coral
Ranked #27 of 71 Restaurants in Chatham
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

I was looking for a lunch place and was lured to the Blue Coral by the casual flair of the shadwd outdoor tables. All I was looking for was an inexpensive salad. When I discovered that they only had options about 2 or 3 times what I'd imagined spending I nearly walked out. But it was a glorious day and I decided to skip a drink and just order a bowl of Mussels in Coconut Curry. It was delicious, and I took my time finishing the whole thing in the open air. A delightful surprise after you get over the price shock.

Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

We came for our daughter's birthday meal and found this place disappointing in many ways. On the positive side, we were warmly greeted and offered a nice table in the pleasant outdoor dining area behind Main Street. Our young waiter was engaging and polite. For the prices charged, the meal was lacking in sophistication and quality. To charge $34 for a lobster roll and a small bag of Cape Cod potato chips is tough to stomach, especially when the (Stop&Shop) market price was $5.99 per pound. The pasta dishes we ordered were overly creamy and gloupy and certainly not worth $34 for a seafood carbonara -- only about seven pasta noodles?
My main course arrived while I was still eating my starter (a nice bowl of mussels in a coconut curry sauce). We were out of there in less than an hour. A meal for three of two starters, three mains, no deserts and two glasses of wine was $152 plus a $20 tip which I consider very expensive for what it was. As the condensation from my chilled Saratoga water puddled around my glass on the plastic table (see photo), I thought that at that kind of price a tablecloth would have been nice. Overall, a disappointing dining experience.

Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

Nice outdoor setting in Chatham - perfect spot for dinner on a Friday night before the band concert. Loved the seared scallop roll!!!

Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

A great find along Main Street in Chatham, with a deceptively small pavement entrance that leads to a delightful shady dining area behind. Service was excellent, their daiquiri cocktails were the perfect antidote to a hot day and the food was absolutely delicious. The only problem was choosing what to eat as it was all so tempting. We shared a beautifully presented scallop salad, followed by one lobster salad and a kale & prawn salad.
All excellent. Highly recommended.
Parking is free behind the Orpheum theatre or in the street if you can find a space.
Make sure you go to Chatham Lighthouse on Shore Road ( left at the bottom of Main Street) for a fabulous beach and sweeping views. Also don’t miss Chatham Pier and the Fish Market where seals put on a great display for onlookers.

Reviewed 14 July 2018

Love this restaurant. We went twice in one week it was that good. Wonderful food, decor and service.