“Cheerful”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

We had two appetizers--octopus with burrata cheese and grilled asparagus with shishito peppers-- and found them both delicious and interesting. Ambiance is pleasant, staff is friendly.

1  Thank Astrify

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

We went with another couple for Restaurant week. I had been here once a few years ago and decided we wanted to try it again. I was disappointed in several ways. The food was good, but not outstanding. The shrimp and mussels on pasta was kind of bland and tasteless. The cod was good and the haddock chowder was very good. The Caesar salad did not have enough dressing. Our waitress was pleasant but seemed harried and we waited a long time before she took our drink order and even longer before she took our dinner order. It seemed funny to me that in what is supposed to be a high end restaurant the waitstaff was wearing jeans and sneakers. Also, we were two couples and asked for separate checks which is not an unusual request in an upscale restaurant and the waitress told us that was not possible as the checks were handwritten. We had a pleasant dinner but I certainly would not rush back.

Reviewed 20 May 2017

We have been trying to get to this place for a couple years. It seems they are always so booked and busy. WELL, it was worth the wait. Food is great and the service fantastic. Will go again and plan it way in advance.

1  Thank Leeandob
Reviewed 19 May 2017

Having been here about 4 years ago, we revisited Pisces on lower Cape Cod on May 19 during another East Coast vacation. Little has changed. Gourmet Master Chef Sue Connors still runs the show, the staff are still warm & friendly, and the food is absolutely superb! The haddock chowder was creamy and flavorful, the calamari fresh & tender, and her salmon & scallops dish was to die for, with a mild cream sauce that reminded us of our favorite Thai cuisine. Don't miss this gem and do reserve your spot or you may not get in. We love this quaint, romantic and intimate dining experience in East Chatham with people who know how to prepare great food and exceed culinary expectations.

1  Thank CB3322
Reviewed 9 May 2017

My wife and I have had Pisces on our Top 10 most go to list for some time now. We were finally able to coordinate calendars with some friends who also wanted to go and were able to get a reservation for the six of us on a Sunday evening.
The restaurant is easy to find and is located right on Route 28 not to far out from the center of Chatham. They have free valet parking which is a big plus particularly on a busy summer night.
The restaurant is small and so reservations are strongly recommended. Be sure to call because they do not take them on line. Also, by calling you can be sure to get a date and time that works best for you.
When you enter there is a small bar area on your right just past the host stand. It looks comfortable and I think that people often end up there for dinner.
This is white table cloth dining so dress accordingly and appropriately.
The staff is very friendly and very prompt with water bread etc.
All dishes are cooked to order to plan your evening wisely.
They also have a nice selection of wines by the bottle and glass, We ordered a bottle of red and a bottle of white as there were six of us for dinner.
I ordered a Caesar salad (with anchovies) and the lobster ravioli in a white cream sauce. My wife ordered the chowder and the shrimp and pasta. My FBIL ordered the octopus. My FSIL ordered the calamari and the shrimp entree.
My Caesar was good, the chowder was wonderful and the octopus was incredible. The calamari were also very special. The chowder was very thick and not your traditional New England recipe. I think on a cold night I would call and ask for a couple of bowls to take home. The octopus was truly delicious. Very tender, not rubbery and a wonderful flavor. The calamari was equally tender and they prepare it in a very unique way to ensure that it is soft and pleasant.
I ordered the ravioli and FBIl ordered the oyster spaghetinni while my wife and other ordered the shrimp with pasta. Everyone raved about their dish being the best and so I guess it was a tie all around the table. I had ordered the large serving of ravioli and the bowl was full of very soft and flavorful ravioli. There was plenty there to share tastes with others at the table. My wife's shrimp and pasta were equally tender and tasty.
For dessert we had a variety of selections. I ordered the profiterole and my wife ordered the chocolate pie. Other ordered the sundae. The sundaes were huge and after the wonderful meal hard to finish but we all helped out. My wife's chocolate pie was a true delight as well. It was a generous serving full of real chocolate and flavor.
The coffees were also a nice treat.
Easy to get to, nice staff, great service, wonderful food. Make a reservation and enjoy a wonderful meal.

1  Thank richard b