“Fantastic place for romantic dinner”
Review of Impudent Oyster

Impudent Oyster
Ranked #6 of 71 Restaurants in Chatham
Price range: US$28 - US$36
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary, International
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2015 via mobile

The Impudent Oyster was the perfect place for my wife and I to celebrate our anniversary. The place is quaint and the
food was phenomenal. There is no one type of cuisine. The chef is a master at interpreting the best the various cuisines have to offer. I had the best duck dish I have ever had and my wife had a wonderful scallop in coconut cream curry. The bread is fresh and its aroma filled the table. The portions were plentiful and my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the entire experience. One note is that reservations are highly suggested, especially on weekends.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,340)

Reviewed 28 June 2015 via mobile

I've long wanted to go to the Impudent Oyster but traffic and crowds in Chatham during the peak season has previously made it an impossibility. But staying in Chatham in early May, within walking distance of the restaurant made it possible at last, and I was not disappointed.

On a May evening, the restaurant was pleasantly full but not overcrowded. It's in an old church, with unusual vaulted ceilings.

We were immediately shown to a small-ish table even though we hadn't made a reservation.

It's a heavily seafood based menu.

For an appetiser I had Devils on horseback - piping hot, crispy bacon and tender scallops. My husband had. Calamari, which were crispy and fresh.

As main courses we both had pasta dishes; mine a mix of seafood with a huge lobster claw as an extra treat. My husband had clams. Both were hot, fresh and huge portions. We had a good sauvignon Blanc to accompany our dishes.

Service was good, not overly fast or slow, and the staff were all very friendly. Prices are around $40/head for two courses (not including the wine). Definitely a place to revisit if you can face the summer crowds.

Reviewed 22 June 2015

We enjoyed our meal but the main course portions were so large that we wished that we had not had starters !!
There is something on the menu for everyone

Reviewed 21 June 2015

After having an earlier cocktail and appetizers at the Chatham Bars Inn, my husband and I split a swordfish entree here at the Impudent Oyster and it was as though we had each ordered the swordfish entree'! There is a $5 charge for splitting an entree but it is worth it because they gave us all the sides that go with an entree but just split the fish which was plentiful. The flavors were incredible and the presentation superb! Great service and we love the building..charming fishing village environment.

Reviewed 20 June 2015

Everything at this restaurant is delicious, so you can be a bit impudent in ordering something new to you. All the fish is paired with herbs, spices, sauces and side dishes that will delight. Dare to try some different combination than usual. You're sure to be delighted.