“Delicious Food and Great Atmosphere!”

Del Mar Bar & Bistro
Ranked #2 of 71 Restaurants in Chatham
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Del Mar Bar & Bistro is a popular Chatham nightspot for eating, drinking and socializing, featuring creative bistro entrees, wood fired thin crust pizzas, specialty drinks, an extensive wine list and a great selection of draft beer. Warm, contemporary atmosphere with a large bar. Dinner only. Live Jazz Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday in summer.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I came in for a drink and stayed for dinner! Sat in the bar area and enjoyed nice conversation with the bar staff and locals. Bread was amazing! We each had a cup of delicious clam chowder and split the catch of the day. Will definitely visit again!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I were here for our anniversary and sat at the bar. We met some very nice people and had engaging conversations with them. Also met a couple who are related to some people we know well that live in our neighborhood, small world. Good value.

Reviewed 6 November 2018

Now I know why it is tough to get a reservation to this restaurant. The food is very good and so is the service.

We visited Del Mar for my birthday and to celebrate our son's engagement. They only had a 5:15 reservation inside the restaurant, so that's what we took. I have to say we were very happy with our meals. The bread was very good which to us is important. My son and his girlfirend had a version of an old-fashioned and enjoyed them. As far as our meals:
My filet mignon was a touch underdone, but still delicious (I like it cooked medium well. I know I know, but I do). The mashed potatoes were more smashed potatoes, but very good and I enjoyed the green beans it came with. As a matter of fact, we loved the fact that the three meat entrees all had a different vegetable nicely done. My son had the rib eye (lots of food here) and he loved his and his girlfriend had the duck and felt the same way. The only one who ordered the pizza was my husband. he had the pizza with sausage, cheese and peppers and onions. He gave me quite a bit adn while I thought it was good, I like my version better. It is thinner than mine, so it was not as hot as I like.

The service was really good and attentive without being overly so. Now we know why this restaurant is so popular with locals and tourists alike. The food is very good and that's what's important in my estimation.

Reviewed 31 October 2018

Congrats to John Zartartian and chef Maria Pollio with team for this unbelievable successful restaurant concept and implementation. We have been visiting a year ago and now again, and on a Tuesday night the restaurant was totally booked out. This is a place to come together and enjoy life. The service is friendly and quick. Dinner started with freshly baked bread ( so delicious ) and olive oil. Classic crispy calamari were a hearty portion and a Pizza Margarita the positive surprise of the evening. Not to get fed up, but a crispy, light and momentary pleasure on the palate. Great! Linguini alla Bolognese again wouldn't leave anybody hungry and then the Bouillabaisse: clams, mussels, sea scallops and fish, what a diversity. Compared to the French original, the broth was far too sweet, but I guess this is due to people's preferences in the US. I don't mind. Last but not least I have to mention the intelligent selection of the wine list. Elyse Morisoli Vineyard 2012 for 85 Dollars were a bargain.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 31 October 2018

I’ve heard a lot about this place for some time and, with friends visiting for the weekend, we decided to give it a try.

We had made a reservation beforehand so we got seated right away. The bonus was that they had enclosed and heated the patio so we had the illusion of enjoying the outdoors. It was more than warm enough and, just in case it wasn’t, there were individual throws draped over the backs of each chair. That was a nice touch!

The menu looked pretty comprehensive and, while we initially had a tough time making a decision, we ended up ordering a couple of pizza’s. They were phenomenal!

I’m a fan of thin crust anyway but these were exceptional! I will definitely be back for that, even if it’s for take out.

Date of visit: November 2017