All reviews herring no frills fish the cape cod canal traffic miles cable motel
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Our first impression was not good...and it got worse. The cottage is very old and not well maintained. It literally stinks and the furniture is filthy and stained. I wish we could leave but we're just too tired to drive back home. What a rip off for $180!!

• Stayed: August 2014
8  Thank Shelley C
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stayed here on our way from Cape Cod to Boston. The owners are very friendly but the motel is very dated and not comfortable. The AC in our room would not maintain a descent temperature so we roasted all night. The wi-fi signal was not adequate to maintain a connection and the noise from the street (normal traffic) was annoying. We would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Erin C
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Me and my husband stayed here so he could fish during the herring run. We chose the hotel for the location, which was the only good thing about it. We had a awful experience in less then 24 hours in the room. All we heard all night was something crawling around in the ceiling. The room was clean but the bed was awful!

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank sduclos
Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

Chose this motel late in the afternoon after reading reviews of this and other motels in the area. It is an adequate place to stay for the night - room was clean, but smelled strongly of cigarettes. Decor is tired - this is obviously an old motel from the "classic" era. No shampoo and towels are thin. Water takes awhile to warm up and shower curtain allows water to run out onto the floor. Bed, however, was clean and comfortable and fresh air and rushing water from herring run behind building were soothing. I felt the charge was high considering the quality of the motel, but presume it is because of the location.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank drfaith
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I stayed at the Herring Run for one night. This is an older motel. The bathroom sink is practically an antique, and the shower is tiny - no tub. This didn't bother me because the room was spotless and the bed was very comfortable. For the price, in July, it was a good deal. There was full ComCast TV. No shampoo or in-room coffee, though.Their ad says there is complimentary coffee, but I wasn't told about it. The motel is located on a very busy highway, and I thought I wouldn't be able to sleep for the noise, but this old motel kept the sound out pretty well when the windows were closed. Yes, I could actually open my windows and get some salt air from the Cape Cod Canal right across the street. The herring really do run right behind the room I was in (#10), but I wasn't there at the right time which I think is April. This would be worth seeing. One negative is that the outdoor furniture needed cleaning, and the swimming pool looks murky and is closed. On balance, though, this is a good deal.

Room Tip: My room (10) was the closest to the highway. It might be a good idea to ask for one that is on the other end.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo