“Great empanadas”
Review of Del Sur - CLOSED

Del Sur
Price range: US$2 - US$28
Description: Fast & NutritiousDel Sur caters to your health needs while saving you time and nourishing your body with a fusion of Argentine and Chilean flavors! Our Empanadas come in a variety of flavors that excite the taste buds while still providing a healthy, balanced meal, especially when enjoyed with freshly squeezed juices and their essential vitamins.
Reviewed 8 April 2016 via mobile

This is almost more a deli with only a few seats. Though they really need to have more produce to sell. Maybe branch out into coffees and desserts too. But their empanadas are absolutely wonderful. Baked so not as greasy as fried ones. Had the sweet caramelized onion and a meat one. Both delicious and pastry just right and decent size. Their salads are a little small but very fresh. If I wasn't just visiting the area and didn't live 600 miles away I'd buy one of their 50 count frozen empanadas

Date of visit: April 2016
1  Thank Wrx8

Reviewed 26 October 2015

We decided to try this place after hearing rave reviews from a couple of friends and then seeing a groupon. It is primarily a takeout place although there are a couple of tables. They do empanadas of many types and then they do have a handful of other items but the empanadas are their main thing. They also specialize in "clean" food (organic, no hormones, gmos, etc) We decided to get a variety in a dozen pack. We had beef, chicken, ham, onion, and spinach. The empanadas are baked not fried and the breading was delicious. I loved the chicken, it had a very southwestern flavor. My husband's favorite was the beef. The least favorite of both of us was the spinach. Our kids refused to try them but I can see others liking them since they are a fun food to eat with your fingers.

Date of visit: October 2015
SebaCorbat, Owner at Del Sur, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2015

Hi, Thank your for sharing your experience with others. You really understood our concept :=) Have a great day!

Reviewed 11 October 2015 via mobile

This organic restaurant is just the type of place my husband and I like to frequent. We love that it's family owned. The person I had the pleasure to meet this evening was very friendly. We loved the Green Combo and tried 3 different empanadas. Delicious!

Date of visit: October 2015
SebaCorbat, Owner at Del Sur, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2015

Hello! Thank you for sharing your experience and hope to see you frequently.

Reviewed 2 August 2015 via mobile

I have been to del sur a handful of times all within the last two or so months. My first impression was that it was nothing like the pictures advertised at all and not what I was expecting. I thought it was a more upscale restaurant, and though the prices reflect that idea, the atmosphere does not. There were probably four tables total inside with a few chairs at each. There was no decor aside from a cooler where you could get a bottled drink to have with your empanadas. It was very empty inside and I got the feeling that they were ether just opening, or soon going to be closing the store.There were no meals per say, just the few choices of different empanadas and choice of sauce. The food is actually really good but I wish they had more options aside from the limited selection. Because it is extremely expensive (one other person and I got a few empanadas a drink and a dipping sauce each and it was around 30 dollars, for the amount of food you would get as an appetizer else where) they should be giving you more food and a better atmosphere. Overall I would go back because of the food, and only the food. Too expensive for frequent visits though.

Date of visit: August 2015
1  Thank aprilmarie2015
SebaCorbat, Owner at Del Sur, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2015

Hi

This is Sebastian, the owner. You are right about your feeling, we just opened our place three months ago, and we are focused in offering organic and high-quality empanadas! Thank you for giving us a try and we appreciate having your feedback!

Thanks,
Seba

Reviewed 24 June 2015

An empanada is a stuffed bread or pastry baked or fried that traces it origins to Portugal and Spain and is nowadays very popular in several countries in Latin America, including Argentina, Chile and Uruguay.
At Del Sur, which is owned by a very friendly couple (an Argentinian engineer and his Chilean wife) empanadas are baked -not fried- and carefully prepared by them using only organic ingredients. The results are superb... We tried the "cebollas caramelizadas", made with caramelized onions and goat cheese, which were excellent and the spinach which were really great.

Date of visit: June 2015