“Decent sports bar and grill spot.”

Tavern in the Square
Reserve with OpenTable
Tavern in the Square is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 137 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Tavern in the Square is a decent sports bar and grill that appears to be much like many other franchise types with a patio, big center bar and lots of TV’s. I had the turkey tips which before the previous night in another area sports bar I had never heard of and they where very good. My only gripe is that it was a large packed bar with just 2 bartenders of which one seemed more interested in trying to entertain and be overly friendly than actually serve which resulted in extremely slow service, and at 10pm with the patio and dining area quiet a lot of standing around by much of the staff. Maybe just a bad night but there appears to be a lot of similar competition in the immediate area which the guy next to me that seemed to be quietly annoyed pointed out. I wouldn’t count the place out though as it was pretty busy on a weeknight and I assume the locals know better than me.

Reviewed 3 July 2018

We have our yearly "Cousins' Breakfast" here. They come from all over eastern Massachusetts and Portland, Maine. The breakfast buffet brunch it without room for criticism. The food is great and the choices are super. The servers are always full of personality and are efficient. We also occasionally go here for lunch. My husband LOVES the chicken pot pie with it voluminous flaky crust. But, what a disappointment (I think it was two years ago) when we went for lunch and it wasn't on the menu due to the season. Something this great should be on the menu all year. But we never had a bad meal here.

Reviewed 11 June 2018

Friends get together for dinner, great beers and drinks. Pub food VERY good, service was great, nice staff. Not crowded, good prices. No rushing. Many TV's. Fun place.

Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

Stopped off recently for a quick bite and a few beers, wings were good , fish and chips not great, fish certainly wasn’t fresh and to be honest was over done , how do you over cook a battered fish, service to be fair was good, would come but but not for fish

Reviewed 6 March 2018

We go here for brunch for special occasions, so I can only speak to that. They have a great spread from order your type of omelette to pancakes, french toast, waffles, fresh fruit. All of these and everything else on the buffet are wonderful. Everything is fresh. I would recommend you bring your mom on mother's day. She would enjoy it.