“Best Crab Cakes !!!!”
Review of Legal Sea Foods

Legal Sea Foods
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 132 Restaurants in Burlington
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Burlington Mall Road
Description: The signature dish at Legal Sea Foods – really fresh fish. All roads lead to Legal Sea Foods. In this case, we are located near four main highways (Routes 128, 95, 93 and 3) on the first level of the Burlington Mall. Make the most of our convenient restaurant location - come for the seafood and stay to shop. Our entrance-way is marked by a water wall. With over 40 varieties of fresh fish and shellfish available throughout the year as well as an award-winning wine list, there’s no doubt why legions of fans have fallen hook, line and sinker. We’ve received a boatload of accolades including “Most Popular Boston Restaurant” (Zagat, 2012/2013), “Best Seafood Restaurant” (Improper Bostonian, 2010), “Best Chowder” (Boston Magazine, 2010), “Best Seafood Restaurant” (Boston Phoenix, 2009) and the honor of serving our legendary New England Clam Chowder at every presidential inauguration since 1981.
Reviewed 22 February 2015 via mobile

Wow what a dinner we had.
The first night of Lent on the search for seafood done right !
Of course we ended up here. It doesn't get any better than this.
We were seated promptly and by some very friendly hostesses!
Ash Wednesday means no meat and I wasn't in the mood for pasta, so really there was no other choice than Legal!
We started with the Bang Bang Cauliflower OMG ... It was amazing never had it before very well prepared. If you're looking for low cal. Ummm not this but so worth it.
Next we were on to the Lobster Bisque ( wanted the chowder but it was made with bacon) this bisque was very nice creamy and not too rich like some can be.
Then On to the main course.
I had crab cakes with a beautiful wild mix salad it was perfect . Very very little filler in the cakes and the flavors were outstanding. I found Zero shells which is hard to do !!!
Impressive
My date had the shrimp & crab casserole bake .. Hello that was yummy a little too much butter and very rich for my diet but just as delightful .
Our server was very attentive, our drinks were always filled and all our dining needs met .
Just because this is in the Burlington Mall don't let that detour you this place is top notch and the prices very fair.
I highly recommend Legal Seafood !

Reviewed 18 February 2015 via mobile

We've never had any kind of a bad experience. If we are looking for fresh, well prepared seafood with good atmosphere and service this is the place we go.

Reviewed 18 February 2015

We made a reservation to be sure to get a table the night after yet another snowstorm and were disappointed that the table we were given was right next to the kitchen -- I'm always surprised when restaurants don't make sure those who bother to make reservations get a good table. The waitress was fine, but we had several issues with wine -- the half-bottle on the menu we wanted wasn't available, then the glasses we ordered instead were not very chilled, and my husband's pinot grigio tasted awful (old or corked) and had to be returned. And every drink we ordered took quite a while to get to us. The food also took a while, but it was all good, especially the mussels I got. Overall, as always the seafood was excellent, but the bar situation seems to need some work at this location.

Reviewed 9 February 2015

I ve had many meals @ Legal Seafood places , especially here @ the mall but also at the airport!
I always liked the food and the atmosphere until yesterday evening. We entered the restaurant @ 8 PM and ordered some food ! Suddenly out of a sudden all the lights were switched on @ 9 PM.It was like being in a discotheque or nightclub and suddenly @ 5 o clock in the morning they put the lights on to get all the public out ! I felt the same yesterday at Legal S.
We asked our waitress what the problem was and she was going to have a look what had happened. No answer there. We asked somebody else - again no answer but a sorry . Then the manager came to our table and we asked if the lights could be turned back to normal - he was sorry but the lights were on a timeswitch and he could t do anything about it. A sorry again ! No big help on the management side . I understand that at a certain point you have to start closing your restaurant but not at 9 pm on a sunday and not 60 min after entering. If you act like this in a fastfood chain , I understand but if you profile yourself as a full real restaurant with real service you don t act like this.
The manager on duty Michael Pifko was the highlight of anti management
and anti costumer relations. a real disgrace ! Legal Seafood just lost a customer .

Reviewed 3 February 2015

I have never had a bad meal at Legal Seafood. I enjoy some of the ethnic flavor options...and the quality of the seafood is usually unrivaled. I think the food is expensive, but it is a good option for entertaining visitors to New England, or celebrating a special event. It is generally crowded but the kitchen clearly keeps pace...once seated, you will be served promptly. I have had issues with overcooked fish, but the kitchen always replaces the meal with a perfect revision. Service is professional...and you will love your meal!