“Great food and atmosphere”

Island Creek Oyster Bar
Ranked #6 of 125 Restaurants in Burlington
Price range: US$10 - US$33
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Fun place to have dinner. Large selection of oysters. The usuals are wonderful- fried clams,fish and chips, lobster roll. Striped bass was cooked perfectly. Desserts were delicious. A favorite for dinner

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

My wife wanted oysters but not my favorite meal so she got delicious oysters that were very clean and fresh. I had a Caesar salad and the only chicken on the menu both were awesome. Definitely going back for more.

1  Thank GuySBosMia
Reviewed 30 August 2017

My friend and I (two total) went in a little past 4pm (4:15pm?) Seated right away by a really nice host. Timothy M. was our wonderful, and extremely helpful waiter.

We got Oysters; Tim took the helm on which ones, a burger, and I got the buttered lobster roll. He also recommend what drink I should get too which was super helpful.

Then to end it all I got the Banoffee on Tim's verification it was good. It was so great and Tim was so informative I could go on

Reviewed 23 August 2017

Came here for a special anniversary dinner. Very busy, bustling, loud restaurant with tables set very close together. Our waiter did a good job. He was friendly, attentive, and knowledgeable. First course of oysters was first class. They were sweet, clean, and fresh. I especially recommend the Sippican oysters from Marion MA. My SO had a large shrimp cocktail, which she enjoyed. We both had a bowl of chowder, which was heavy on the bacon and herbs and lighter on the potatoes and clams. Different but OK. My SO ordered the grilled salmon, a decent portion expertly cooked. I ordered the lobster roll. I should have known better, I suppose, as lobster rolls can be as variable as clam chowder in quality here in New England as well as in price. Red's in Wiscasset is my standard, and I acknowledge it is hard to top. This was more like a McDonald's portion in a fancy herbed roll. For $32, it was very disappointing. I got a plate full of kettle chips and a decent cup of cole slaw, but I did feel like a ripped off tourist in the end. Stick to the oysters!

1  Thank darklance
Reviewed 21 August 2017

I went to Island Creek Oyster Bar (in Burlington) for the first time this past weekend and really enjoyed it. We had a bottle of Sancerre, a dozen oysters, the smoked salmon pate, and heirloom tomato salad. I enjoyed the wine and the meal. Tyler was our server and was very accommodating and friendly. The décor of the restaurant is upscale.

2  Thank Deven R