“Interesting food, a bit pricey, but a lovely night out”
Review of Chillingsworth

Chillingsworth
Ranked #15 of 43 Restaurants in Brewster
Price range: US$50 - US$75
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 31 August 2018

Four of us ate in the Bistro by the window. We were there on a weeknight, right at 5 PM, and had the Price Fixed menu, which was good. It included an appetizer or salad, a main course, and a dessert. There were many items to choose from - not just a handful. Appetizers were good too, and desserts were awesome. The Chocolate Bread Pudding was particularly good. I thought the drink prices were high, though I admit the wine pour was good. When we walked in, the whole place smelled musty. It was a VERY hot and humid week, and we were among the first in for the evening - perhaps they should have had the air conditioning going earlier to stir up the air. Our waitress was excellent - attentive, friendly, and got everything right. Overall, we had a very nice meal.

Reviewed 27 August 2018

I've been going to Chillingsworth at least twice a week for the past 8 years when I am up at my Cape house.
I especially like sitting in the Bar section where the excellent bartender Kathy oversees everything and makes killer cocktails and a generous wine pour (nice wine selection too). My faves are the tuna tartare appetizer, Salmon w Curried Sticky Rice and Coconut Milk Sauce, Bistro Steak and their killer burger.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 22 August 2018

The Fine Dining section is a few dollars more than the Bistro, but well worth it! It is more peaceful and less crowded, and diners can select as much or as little as they want from the excellent menu.

It is better to wait until you have time to relax and enjoy the 'old house' surroundings, with its elegant and sedate atmosphere, and plenty of interest for the exploring eyes. All the food is perfectly prepared, with extra touches that make it well worth the price for a special occasion. The wait staff attention is closer - they have more time for each table, and are happy to chat a little and respond to any extra request they can.

1  Thank Peasmould
Reviewed 20 August 2018

My wife and I enjoyed our flounder, and our neighbors at the adjoining tables were enthusiastic about one of the daily specials, a spectacular looking piece of halibut. My wife's heirloom tomato salad was very good (I filched some) and my field green salad was way better than ordinary. A key lime tart topped off the meal in fine style.

Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

We ate at the bistro. Good menu options and a good, well priced wine list. The ambiance is enhanced by a greenhouse look / feel. Our dishes were well prepared, presented and very much to our taste. It’s a fairly expensive outing, but a great couples place. Not recommended for kids.

Date of visit: July 2018